Introduction; FREE magazine looking for info.
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Introduction; FREE magazine looking for info.

  1. #1
    Junior Member Jamesmem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3

    Question Introduction; FREE magazine looking for info.

    Hello Guys

    I'm based in the UK and we don't have access to the TW200, I was looking around for a TW125 and came across the 200 series. Such a shame that the UK does not have them as they seem amazing fun.

    I own a magazine, it's free and it's digital - so I was looking to do a bit of feature on both the TW125 (perhaps 200) and the Suzuki VanVan that comes in a 125.

    I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an importer in the UK that works with the TW200?

    The magazine (Motorcycle Explorer) is held on the site Motorcycle Explorer and if you have look, we are expanding to look at bike reviews of all shapes and sizes in the dual sport, touring, exploring, adventure and beyond.

    Perhaps a member of the TW200 forum talking about their bike would make an interesting piece.

    Great to meet you all

    James
    littletommy likes this.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ynys Môn
    Posts
    4,630
    Hey James - how ya doing ?

    If you take a look on Ebay.co.uk - you'll find two TW200's currently for sale (both over priced)

    The other guy who seems to import them on a regular basis is based in railway arches W12 - sure you'll find him

    The State side guys on here have far more experience with the bike however - and I'd suggest hooking up with one of them for a more in-depth review ......

    (P.S. - the RV125 Van Van also comes in the 200 format - mostly from the supplier in Reading)
    Last edited by Purple; 08-23-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    Jamesmem, TWilight and macbig2k1 like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

    TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vacationing in the Bahama's
    Posts
    17,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmem View Post
    Hello Guys

    I'm based in the UK and we don't have access to the TW200, I was looking around for a TW125 and came across the 200 series. Such a shame that the UK does not have them as they seem amazing fun.

    I own a magazine, it's free and it's digital - so I was looking to do a bit of feature on both the TW125 (perhaps 200) and the Suzuki VanVan that comes in a 125.

    I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an importer in the UK that works with the TW200?

    The magazine (Motorcycle Explorer) is held on the site Motorcycle Explorer and if you have look, we are expanding to look at bike reviews of all shapes and sizes in the dual sport, touring, exploring, adventure and beyond.

    Perhaps a member of the TW200 forum talking about their bike would make an interesting piece.

    Great to meet you all

    James

    Hi James, welcome to the forum!
    We have a member in Germany named Sebastian (macbig2k1) who is very knowledgeable with all things TW. You can click on his highlighted name to contact him by personal message. He races his TW's in a few events throughout the year, and works on them for people all over the UK. He has a website for information and parts and is very helpful. He may be just the guy to talk to and interview. Keep us posted, we'll want to read your article when you finish it!!
    Jamesmem, macbig2k1 and sponge like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Wrangling the Sierras
    Posts
    19,023
    Nice magazine James, I latched onto this entertaining video immediately among others. my kind of trail-ride. Thanks.
    Jamesmem likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

  6. #5
    Senior Member Devils Advocate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yooper, MI
    Posts
    1,510
    Thanks for the info about your Magazine. Nice article about the Deadly Road. I'm sure there are a few better suited than I, to expound on the virtues of the Might TW, and I'm sure they will be along shortly. Looking forward to reading the article.

    Edited to add; I just read LT's post and he is right on there in regards to Sebastian (macbig2k1). LT (littletommy) is the resident host here at the site.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 08-24-2015 at 07:59 PM.

  7. #6
    Junior Member Jamesmem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Hey James - how ya doing ?

    If you take a look on Ebay.co.uk - you'll find two TW200's currently for sale (both over priced)

    The other guy who seems to import them on a regular basis is based in railway arches W12 - sure you'll find him

    The State side guys on here have far more experience with the bike however - and I'd suggest hooking up with one of them for a more in-depth review ......

    (P.S. - the RV125 Van Van also comes in the 200 format - mostly from the supplier in Reading)
    I didn't know that about the VanVan! Thanks for the heads up Purple

  8. #7
    Junior Member Jamesmem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Hi James, welcome to the forum!
    We have a member in Germany named Sebastian (macbig2k1) who is very knowledgeable with all things TW. You can click on his highlighted name to contact him by personal message. He races his TW's in a few events throughout the year, and works on them for people all over the UK. He has a website for information and parts and is very helpful. He may be just the guy to talk to and interview. Keep us posted, we'll want to read your article when you finish it!!
    Thanks! I'll give him a shout and see what we can do

  9. #8
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vacationing in the Bahama's
    Posts
    17,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Thanks for the ifo about your Magazine. Nice article about the Deadly Road. I'm sure there are a few better suited than I, to expound on the virtues of the Might TW, and I'm sure they will be along shortly. Looking forward to reading the article.

    Edited to add; I just read LY's post and he is right on there in regards to Sebastian (macbig2k1). LT (littletommy) is the resident host here at the site.
    ha ha Resident Host??? Gee, you'd think I lived here or something...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

  10. #9
    Senior Member macbig2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany, Werdau
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmem View Post
    Thanks! I'll give him a shout and see what we can do
    Hi Jamesmen,
    you can ask me everything you want about the TW125, 200 and 225.
    I'll try to give you the best possible reply.
    If you have the time (and money) you can visit me. Leipzig airport isn't far away from me (~100 km). I can pick you up from the airport.
    You can make some test rides with my bikes. This should be better as only some text massages.
    Regards,
    Sebastian

    PS: Please send your massages to [email protected] (my web shop).
    littletommy likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member sponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mesquite Nevada
    Posts
    636
    Nice mag James. Thanks for the link. I think the story you are looking for is our own Purple people eaters ride.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hot VWs Magazine
    By TopPredator in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
  2. T.W. rider in AMA magazine?
    By Xracer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
  3. Boy's Life Magazine
    By Borneo in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 07:44 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 10:59 AM
  5. ADVMoto magazine
    By Wingnut in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 12:04 PM