New to me, 1987 TW200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New to me, 1987 TW200

New to me, 1987 TW200

Hello to all, I've been reading the forum for about a year, and about 6 months ago finally picked up a 87 TW and joined the forum. My TW has around 5600 miles on it and runs like a top. From reading the forums I have learned so much, that I feel like
    I know this bike inside and out. So far I have changed out the handlebar and added 30 mm risers, removed sprockets (14-60) and stock chain and replaced with stock sprockets (14-50) and o-ring chain, changed oil and filter, and cleaned air filter, and replaced rear brakes. I cut off the rear footpegs and left the guards on, and did the mule nuts on the seat. Next on the list to do are the steering neck bearings and servicing the forks. I have put about 300 miles on sense i got the bike, most of it in the
    hills around lake wenatchee. Another thing I would like to do is replace all the phillips head fasteners with allens, or bolt heads. I know some of you have done this, so if you can point me in the right direction to buy these I would apreciate it. Between myself and two other friends, we now have five TW's. Thank you all for the great info.....
    munchmeister, elime, wolfy and 3 others like this.

Holy moly, you have been reading the forum!

Welcome officially to the forum, though you've actually been around for a while. Pretty area to ride too!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Welcome fellow Washingtonian!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Olphart View Post
    Hello to all, I've been reading the forum for about a year, and about 6 months ago finally picked up a 87 TW and joined the forum. My TW has around 5600 miles on it and runs like a top. From reading the forums I have learned so much, that I feel like
    I know this bike inside and out. So far I have changed out the handlebar and added 30 mm risers, removed sprockets (14-60) and stock chain and replaced with stock sprockets (14-50) and o-ring chain, changed oil and filter, and cleaned air filter, and replaced rear brakes. I cut off the rear footpegs and left the guards on, and did the mule nuts on the seat. Next on the list to do are the steering neck bearings and servicing the forks. I have put about 300 miles on sense i got the bike, most of it in the
    hills around lake wenatchee. Another thing I would like to do is replace all the phillips head fasteners with allens, or bolt heads. I know some of you have done this, so if you can point me in the right direction to buy these I would apreciate it. Between myself and two other friends, we now have five TW's. Thank you all for the great info.....
    Been trying to get some of my friends on TWs to no avail...

I just bought this set and installed them: Yamaha 1987 2008 TW200 XT200 Polished Stainless Engine Allen Bolt Kit | eBay

Seem to be good quality so far!
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome Aboard Olphart!!!!!! I have one Tdub, don't need two, but want another one for no apparent reason?????????

How come you cut your Wheelie Pegs off? Shoulda left at least one!

God Bless

MAC
    Jon62602 likes this.
    GOD BLESS & RIDE SAFE, TC____________ BC rides: Honda SL100, Honda TL125, Penton125 ISDT, KTM400 ISDT

now riding '06 TW w/ Jimbo Window, Acerbis bushbusters, ProTaper bars w/risers, Pro Grip 737's, Osram Rally headlamp w/modulator, turn signal beeper, Kenda k270 4.00 x 18,
    triple horns w/relay, big pegs, folding shifter, tuned carb w/drilled slide, 15/50 w/D.I.D. O-ring, RedLine 20w/50, Sterns w/extra padding, extra LED brake light, xt225 brake arm, rear Cycle Racks w/hacked milk crate. Hidden Content

Congrats and have fun there. Nothing like toys that make grown men feel like boys.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Thanks Haustorium, that is what I was looking for....

Looks like I won't get any riding in this weekend, all roads north of hiway 2 have been closed to the public due to fire danger...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links