Growing Up Is Hard To Do...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Growing Up Is Hard To Do...

Growing Up Is Hard To Do...

I got my 06 on the road about 1 year ago. I just hit 5k miles and its a bit of a milestone for me and I'm quite proud of hitting it this quickly given Upstate NYs ability to make being a motorcycle rider quite a task. With the amount of time I've spent on my wonderful Fat Bottom Girl over the past year I'm coming to a terrifying realization. I am outgrowing her. I'm comfortable on multi lane roads and highway speeds. I don't feel the constant need to be able to put a foot flat on the ground at all times, off road or on. The low seat height seams to be a little uncomfortable on the legs now. I want to go faster. I would like to be able to tackle some more serious off road adventures. I need something different.

With all that being said. Why do I keep looking at my favorite toy and wondering how I can make it work? There's so many options out there that would suit my needs better, DRZs, DRs, any of the 450 enduros, KLRs, the list goes on and on...

So many bikes that would check all the boxes for the next step on my two wheel adventures. But like many of you, why did I have to fall in love with this slow, fugly, big butt lady we call the TDub?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

It's a quirky, easy to ride bike with a great forum for support! If you do move on to something else, keep the TW also. You'll most likely regret selling it. A lot of us on the forum are multi bike owners.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I have no intentions of letting this bike leave my family. My dads talked about wanting to ride for a while, so he may end up getting my wonderful TW. The other option is kind of different but I like it. I'm considering disassembling my bike and putting it together in my basement. Then when my boy comes of age and wants to ride, it will be waiting for him. All the has to do is take apart and move it outside. So he can learn about wrenching and all that fun stuff and actually work for his reward.
    Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a Dub,KLR and a Harley Ultra. Enjoy riding all of them but for some reason I have a bigger grin on the T.W.

Just don't sell it, you will regret it. Keep us posted when you get another bike, we want to see it!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Dude - It's OK to outgrow the TW - but hang on to her - for those moments when you long for your childhood .........
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

The TW is quite pleasant on road suspension wise. I have had mine only a few days, and I stopped worrying about things like pot holes, curbs, dead animals in the road, etc. FZ09 had to go through a patch of muddy water today, I rolled through it clutch in and it got a little sketchy... Any power to the rear wheel in would have been spin city. Also, any little defect in the road my FZ09 is screaming at me, TW200 doesn't give a shit. Now, she speaks to me, smallest motorcycle motor I have and it is the loudest by far, also, loves to attempt to vibrate the frame apart.
    1974 CB750
    2002 TW200
    2013 Ruckus
    2014 CTX700N
    2015 FZ09

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Do what 63.14159 % of us do.......buy another bike of your choice...
    only seven sig figs? i think you're slipping, boss.
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

To have only ONE motorcycle is far too limiting. Here's another vote cast to get a second, third, maybe even fourth ride. No one bike really does everything after all and you'll want a few different tools in your toolbox to cover all occasions.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by Hidebound View Post
    To have only ONE motorcycle is far too limiting.
    that's right, you need a diverse selection of tools in your tool box, like this:

Drawer18.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links