Ouch! Gas Prices
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well, it's Friday, April 1st, and while taking the bus home from work, I looked up at a gas station sign, and it's happened. Gas just hit $4.00 in Chicagoland. Tomorrow, I'm heading to the Yamaha shop and getting a warmer pair of riding gloves so I can park the car and pull out the TW. A couple of weeks ago, we got some teaser weather of the 60's, so I added my upgrades, such as Cycleracks rack, eBay foot pegs, Jimbo windshield, Grip Puppies, and changed the oil and drained the gas to add some fresh gas, so the bike is ready to go. I just need to get myself ready to go.

Ride well, ride safely,

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    Well, it's Friday, April 1st, and while taking the bus home from work, I looked up at a gas station sign, and it's happened. Gas just hit $4.00 in Chicagoland. Tomorrow, I'm heading to the Yamaha shop and getting a warmer pair of riding gloves so I can park the car and pull out the TW. A couple of weeks ago, we got some teaser weather of the 60's, so I added my upgrades, such as Cycleracks rack, eBay foot pegs, Jimbo windshield, Grip Puppies, and changed the oil and drained the gas to add some fresh gas, so the bike is ready to go. I just need to get myself ready to go.

Ride well, ride safely,

Dan

Here in Central Washington we are just a penny or two cheaper $3.979 for 87 octane.
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Passed the Conoco in Richland on the way to work this morning (bicycle)and E0 regular is $3.79 now. I didn't see what premium was, but probably close to $4.00 too. It was in the 60's today....nice!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

$3.59 for regular in Minnesota. The TW came out of hibernation yesterday. Fired up after 3 kicks,warmed her up good, and went for a putt in the woods. Time to start saving on the fuel bill on the daily commute.
    2007 FZ1

1991 TW200

1972 CB350

2006 Goldwing

2008 WR250R

last week,for about 5$, I bought a 1.5 liter juice bottle full of "Bensen". "Bensen" is how the people in PNG say "it runs motors, and it's not diesel". Over here, we don't worry about minor details like octane rating.

I felt like it was fair.

I had to give the juice bottle back of coarse, it was not covered in the 5$.

I am just happy I get to ride one of these at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    Gas just hit $4.00 in Chicagoland. Dan

HA! Don't go to Death Valley!!!! Gas was $5.35 there three weeks ago, I'll bet it's near $6.00 now.

Sure glad I have a T-dub now for exploring...my gas bill for 300 miles of dirt riding was $15.00!!! I did buy 7 gallons before I got into the Park at $3.79 and I didn't use it all, ended up pouring 3 gallons into the truck on the way home!

I don't even want to think about how much it cost to drive the truck 1500 miles on my trip.

Rocky
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

In Quartzsite Arizona gas is $3.70. When we got out here for the winter it was $2.70. It has gone up $1 since Dec. 7. It will cost me over $250 more to go home than it did to drive out here.

The TW I got in Jan has average right at 83mpg over the 1000 miles I have ridden it. The one I had at home got the same over 83 mpg the 2200 I rode it. I run all my little errands on it, and really enjoy the ride at about 35 mph. I can look around and the machine really sounds happy at that speed.

$4.05 here. Trying to talk the gf into riding a scooter.

In Europe, particularly UK we can only dream of $4.00 per gallon. Current price for me is £1.31 per litre or just over $2 per litre = $7.56 per US gallon. And it seems to increase every day.

Quote Originally Posted by uktw125 View Post
    In Europe, particularly UK we can only dream of $4.00 per gallon. Current price for me is £1.31 per litre or just over $2 per litre = $7.56 per US gallon. And it seems to increase every day.

Don't worry, we'll straighten those Libyans out for BP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links