a little info please
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok so my new girlfriend has a 2006 Tw 200. I have riden before but never somthing quite like this. Mostly quads off road and rockets on the street. I have been playing around with this tw and wow lots 'o' fun! Now it had 86 miles on it and in 3 weeks it has 186 miles on it I noticed no inspection stickers so I asked her about that. She never rode it on the road. Well im going to. Lol. Are they streetable from stock? Even with the knobby tires?? I live in pa. I have a long commute to work like 60 miles no real highways but looking to save some gas (I drive a Ram 1500 Hemi with performance work) and looking to have some fun. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks soooo much! ;-)

Ride away. They can do it all day long. Obviously the stock tires are a bit buzzy on the street, but the bike is happy at 60, can do 65+, and can be a good commuter. I like to think that it was not engineered to run 70 even if you could get it to do with mods (its basically a basic steed, and happiest/safest in the 55 to 65 range and operated by an alert rider. Enjoy. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    If it's got all the stock lights and turn signals still on it, it should be able to be licensed for the street.

Question - what kind of roads are you thinking of traveling on 60 miles to and from work each day? This is not a high speed highway motorcycle to run at 65 mph on the expressway - it has little or no reserve power over that and you will be blown all over the road. If it's smaller backroads, like at 50-55 mph, you will be OK but the knobby tires will wear you out after a while, so you may want to think of more road-ready tires than the knobbies on the bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Peruano,

Thanks! Yes it seems to do very well and I like the way it feels. The buzzyness dosent bother too much. Used to running open exhaust on my cars. But do you know are the knobby tires street legal?

Mostly back roads like 35-45 mph. I may change the tires at some point soon I was just trying to get the bike legal (inspected) for now and do some changes down the road. There is a stretch of road that is posted 60. But its only about 4 miles.

If they are the stock tires they are legal.

Thanks for all of your input guys! Looking forward to enjoying this un-riden treasure!

I understand (by looking at it) it has a small tank. What kind of milage (on road) can I expect from the bike?

My last tank got me 73 mpg. With a 1.8 gal. tank you can go 130 miles before next fill-up. Now, put some miles on that thing!

Thanks poolsgold! Ooooh there will be miles on it. Just have to get it streetable. She has had the bike for 5 years she put 87 miles on it riding around the yard. I put 100 just in the last 3 days lol. It was somthong her ex-boyfriend bought for her. Haha. His loss my gain all around I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links