Inexpensive rear stand
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Inexpensive rear stand

Inexpensive rear stand

Picked up this stand today at good old Princess Auto.
    I know they're intended to be utilized with spools mounted on the bike's swingarm but as good fortune would have it the dimensions allow for this to work (1/2" tire-to-floor clearance) :

WP_20150918_002.jpg

WP_20150918_004.jpg

WP_20150918_005.jpg

WP_20150918_006.jpg

WP_20150918_007.jpg
    Last edited by KenDavies; 09-19-2015 at 12:49 AM.

With the acquisition of this bike my poor car has been feeling neglected. I'd better take her somewhere special soon.

WP_20150918_008.jpg

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I know that this aluminum stand is also available at Harbor Freight Tools, and it can be had for $39. Their steel stand is taller, and can be $29. Just an fyi in a stand thread.
    littletommy, TWilight, Mel and 2 others like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's a neat stand but I don't get why a person would buy one other then used to oil a chain. You can't use it to tighten a chain or to remove the rear wheel. I don't have the room for items that are not more versatile.
    That's a sharp Mustang you have there and I know what your talking about. Since I bought my TW I have lost the passion for my other hobbies. I didn't bay rockfish at all this year. When I heard the crabs were running I didn't get my crabbing boat out. Deer season opened on the 11th and I haven't been hunting. I just want to ride my TW.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    That's a neat stand but I don't get why a person would buy one other then used to oil a chain. You can't use it to tighten a chain or to remove the rear wheel. I don't have the room for items that are not more versatile.
    That's a sharp Mustang you have there and I know what your talking about. Since I bought my TW I have lost the passion for my other hobbies. I didn't bay rockfish at all this year. When I heard the crabs were running I didn't get my crabbing boat out. Deer season opened on the 11th and I haven't been hunting. I just want to ride my TW.
    Rick
    Good for checking oil level and also standing straight upright so you can park it right up against a wall.
    TopPredator and ejfranz like this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Rick
    Thanks
    On a bike equipped with the proper spools the rear axel would be free of obstruction and adjustments to the wheel and chain would be possible. If I turn the supports around and place the square pegs under the swingarm it leaves the axel accessible but doesn't *quite* raise the tire free of the floor. I'm thinking of somehow adding to the diameter of the square pegs to gain the needed height
    littletommy likes this.

I too like cheap things...

CAM00585.jpg

It seemed like a good idea at the time, and while it does indeed function just fine, getting it into place is surprisingly difficult.

Build a ramp to elevate the rear tire. When the stand is in place just roll the tire off the high point of the ramp.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

A neighbor a couple of blocks over that passed away had a TW and one of these stands and I ended up with it. If I had known how easy it made things I would have bought one a long time ago. Anyway, he set it up as shown in the pictures and I have not changed a thing. The stand seems strong enough though at first I was concerned about that 1/4" X 1/4" piece of metal holding the weight and not bending. So far all has worked well.

P3120021.JPG

P3120023.JPG

And plenty of room for the back tire to spin freely. ( Or maybe "barely enough room for the rear tire to spin freely".)

P3120024.JPG
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I was impressed by this one a few treads back.
    PVC stand.jpg
    Dryden-Tdub and vtgrn like this.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links