Need 1997 TW Side Covers
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Need 1997 TW Side Covers

Need 1997 TW Side Covers

I am going to sell my 1997 TW. It is in good condition except the left side cover is damaged. Can someone tell me what other years were the same white color as the 1997. The 1997 side cover is white at the top and black at the bottom. I'm thinking other years may be solid white and available. Anyone know?

The side covers for all years are interchangeable and vary only in the color and decals. I also believe that all years have the black bottom panels, but I am not 100% sure about this. I also believe that these side covers are available from Yamaha in black and white so a white one should be readily available.

You're lucky that you are not looking for one of the oddball colors, like teal!

I guess I should have mentioned that my purpose in asking which other models use the same white as the 1997 is that the 1997 side cover are no longer available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Check out this thread:

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...lection-2.html

I don't know if there are different shades of white, but it looks like at least 1999-2004 and 2008-2013 had white side covers.

Thanks,
    I went by the Yamaha dealership today and he did a search of other dealerships inventory and said he couldn't find one. He said if other year models were the same color white, that the old part number should have super-ceded to a new number. Looking at the pictures you posted, I might could replace both of them with black. Or, I can sell it the way it is and let someone else watch ebay for a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by ldw72120 View Post
    Thanks,
    I went by the Yamaha dealership today and he did a search of other dealerships inventory and said he couldn't find one. He said if other year models were the same color white, that the old part number should have super-ceded to a new number. Looking at the pictures you posted, I might could replace both of them with black. Or, I can sell it the way it is and let someone else watch ebay for a used one.
    Just go to any of the on line yamaha sellers and order a set of white side covers from any year, they all fit and a side cover is a side cover and they are not year specific except if you want the exact decal that came with that year. The dealer you went to sounds like a real lazy SOB who does not know much about the TW and the history. 1987-2015 had many TWs with white side covers and any one will do.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links