New to the T-DUB life
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New to the T-DUB life

New to the T-DUB life

Hello all, I just purchased a 2015 Yamaha TW200 in charcoal; an older man had purchased the bike and put 78 miles on it and returned it to the dealer in pristine shape. The factory yellow paint stripe is still present on the tires, luckily I was able to talk the dealer down to $3600... I sold my 1972 Yamaha RT 2 360 the day before so I had a good bit of cash in hand too.

My first impression's of the TW are all positive, this little machine has heart! Unlike the 360 the TW is refined and very solid in feel. The TW has been my dream bike for year's now, it brings me back to my youth and my Honda CT 70 I relentlessly romped on.

Many refer to this bike as slow and though it's no speed racer the TW holds it's own; I commute to work 11 miles one way @ 55 mph, this little bike had no problem reaching 70 on the 1 occasion I needed it to. Over the past 3 days I've traveled 100 miles and plan to ride another hundred or so Saturday .
    admiral, SanDue, VintageGW and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahauln View Post
    hello all, i just purchased a 2015 yamaha tw200 in charcoal; an older man had purchased the bike and put 78 miles on it and returned it to the dealer in pristine shape. The factory yellow paint stripe is still present on the tires, luckily i was able to talk the dealer down to $3600... I sold my 1972 yamaha rt 2 360 the day before so i had a good bit of cash in hand too.

My first impression's of the tw are all positive, this little machine has heart! Unlike the 360 the tw is refined and very solid in feel. The tw has been my dream bike for year's now, it brings me back to my youth and my honda ct 70 i relentlessly romped on.

Many refer to this bike as slow and though it's no speed racer the tw holds it's own; i commute to work 11 miles one way @ 55 mph, this little bike had no problem reaching 70 on the 1 occasion i needed it to. Over the past 3 days i've traveled 100 miles and plan to ride another hundred or so saturday .
    welcome!!

Wow, an '72 RT360! It has been about 35 years since one of those last spit me off.
    Worlds difference I imagine to ride the TW200 now.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!

Sounds to me like you have the right mindset for a TW and will appreciate it for what it is, and not expect it to be something that it isn't.

Let us know where you are located, you may have some fellow forum members nearby.

Brian

Welcome!! I loved those 360's.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome to the TDub life
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

Welcome Yamahauln! Good observation on the TW. My 2006 just finally hit the 200 mile mark yesterday. On my way home from a members house, Bucknutz, I decided to run her at WOT for the first time, short burst, just to see what she will do before I drop the oil for the third time. I was a bit surprised when the needle was touching the 70+ mark on the speedometer on a flat and straight piece of local road. Okay, so now that I know she will do it I must admit it does not feel very good at that speed. The engine was fine with it but the TW was never designed for 70 MPH and certainly not with the stock dual purpose tires. My total load on the bike was just about 240 pounds and 50 -55 feels so much nicer on this little mule.

GaryL
    wolfy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Yes the 360 was a ankle snapping, widow making, h.e. double l raising bike. I restored it from the ground up and let me tell you the power band it that bike would leave you black and blue lol. With that being said I just had a newborn and I also have a 10 year old as well, I couldn't help to think about their life without me, so I went with the bike I always dreamed of owning, a TW . Either bike can kill you; however, the TW is so much more laid back and forgiving than that wicked power band and a sometime sticking carb slide.

I'm from the North East Ohio area and I'm 32, I weigh in at 160 to 165 I'm 6ft and had a strong wind against the bike on the flat when I hit 70. The front tire felt floaty but the engine didn't sounds stressed at all. I do believe a set of less aggressive dirt tires would correct that, but that's why I bought the bike, to play in the dirt and not go 70 unless I really, really need to. I honestly had throttle left but backed out because I wasn't too keen on the handling at that point. Thanks for the warm welcome all, I'm glad to say I'm part of the Tw crew now

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Welcome.
    I still have a CT70 if you wanna come out her and ride it.... Only 128 miles. 1971.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links