New member
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: New member

  1. #1
    Member chevchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    46
    Hay TW members, Im new to your sight & am interested in your discussions on Yamaha TW200s: F/R racks, taller handle bars exc. Im also a new rider in the world of dirt/street riding. Ive ridden Quads and utvs most of my life.

    Thank you for letting me be a part of your discussions. ~Chris~

  2. #2
    Member Schleppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by chevchris View Post
    Hay TW members, Im new to your sight & am interested in your discussions on Yamaha TW200s: F/R racks, taller handle bars exc. Im also a new rider in the world of dirt/street riding. Ive ridden Quads and utvs most of my life.

    Thank you for letting me be a part of your discussions. ~Chris~




    Welcome,



    Do you already have a TW?

  3. #3
    Member chevchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Schleppy View Post
    Welcome,



    Do you already have a TW?




    Picking up a TW that I found This Friday... It is a 2000 model TW200 white/blue with gray frame, it has 3000miles on it in perfect condition. This will be my first dual sport.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member darnold87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by chevchris View Post
    Picking up a TW that I found This Friday... It is a 2000 model TW200 white/blue with gray frame, it has 3000miles on it in perfect condition. This will be my first dual sport.




    Welcome Chris!

    You'll find this website to be very informative and full of really nice folks...

    Excited for you to get that T-dub and start riding with us!

    That'll make 3 of us good friends in Salem on T-dubs.
    ~Davey

    '89 TW200

    '94 Suzuki Sidekick

  6. #5
    Senior Member 805gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    572
    You don't need a front rack, these are so slow already, you don't need anymore wind resistance, or weight on the front forks (not a lot of travel. Most here use Cycleracks, reasonably priced, kinda fit and are strong. You can fit all your gear on the back.

  7. #6
    Member chevchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by 805gregg View Post
    You don't need a front rack, these are so slow already, you don't need anymore wind resistance, or weight on the front forks (not a lot of travel. Most here use Cycleracks, reasonably priced, kinda fit and are strong. You can fit all your gear on the back.




    Good advice, I also plan on carrying a back pack. I dont think front racks look that great anyways, Im sure some people might like them.

    I just need to decide on a rear rack/box/canister setup, & upgrade to the handlebars. Ill search our forums on the subject. But Im always up for hearing opinions.

  8. #7
    Senior Member darnold87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by chevchris View Post
    Good advice, I also plan on carrying a back pack. I dont think front racks look that great anyways, Im sure some people might like them.

    I just need to decide on a rear rack/box/canister setup, & upgrade to the handlebars. Ill search our forums on the subject. But Im always up for hearing opinions.


    Chris~

    I've already got your first mod! I just ordered a couple tool tubes and one of them is for you. (as a welcoming gift into the dual sport world)

    Lots of guys use these and they are great. There's even a thread on them:

    https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-storage-tube/

    You can carry tools, paperwork, a bottle of water, or even some small fuel cans fit inside.

    Anyway, it should be here next week...
    ~Davey

    '89 TW200

    '94 Suzuki Sidekick

  9. #8
    Banned qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Tennessee
    Posts
    10,664
    Backpacks are certainly handy, but can be uncomfortable and even dangerous in certain situations. Consider their use carefully.




  10. #9
    Member chevchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Backpacks are certainly handy, but can be uncomfortable and even dangerous in certain situations. Consider their use carefully.


    Thanks, any advice helps:-).

  11. #10
    Member chevchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by darnold87 View Post
    Chris~

    I've already got your first mod! I just ordered a couple tool tubes and one of them is for you. (as a welcoming gift into the dual sport world)

    Lots of guys use these and they are great. There's even a thread on them:

    https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-storage-tube/

    You can carry tools, paperwork, a bottle of water, or even some small fuel cans fit inside.

    Anyway, it should be here next week...


    Thanks bud, I really like those. I searched the link the other day & liked them alot:-). Ill need all the help I can get setting up the bike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New member
    By beefcake morris in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 02:44 AM
  2. Another new member
    By medicjeff in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM
  3. new member
    By ragman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
  4. New member - Old TW
    By GISdood in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
  5. new member
    By mac1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM