Time for "Full Disclosure"
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Time for "Full Disclosure"

Time for "Full Disclosure"

There exists another TW in the stable! "Not Barney's" Older and Bluer Brother. Call him T4.

Since T3 (Not Barney) was intended for my Daughter-in Law, it didn't exactly satisfy MY need for a TW. Enter T4 into the picture. I obtained him a while back and have made strides to get him in shape before his (I hesitate to say!) coming out party.

This is a 1989 and had only 2600 miles on it when I got it. I will include some current pictures. It had been sitting a good long while, but did pop when kicked over, So home it came and the transformation began. With a little of the basic work required to get an out of service, non running bike into shape (carb, fluid, brakes, cables, hoses, etc, it easily came back to life.

I managed to find a dented XT225 tank in Bend Oregon for a cheap price. Since I had some experience pulling out gas tank dents learned on the XT225 tank I got from Joeband (at a great deal I might add, thank you very much) I fitted T4 with the new and very Blue XT225 tank.

Oh sure there was a lot of other stuff I had to do to get it to look like it does now. T4 is certainly not like the pristine specimens owned by JMPNFSH (Tim) and MountainRedbelly (James), but it is still a decent looking bike for being 26 years old. Thanks to Evan(Mike) for the rack, and yes I owe you some Growlers!

And of course, thanks to elime (Tony) for some parts too.

And to pre-answer Joemama’s eventual question: “When are you going to get it dirty?” I have actually done so on a couple of solo rides. A few pictures will support that I have taken the bike off road on a couple of occasions. Both times in the El Dorado National Forest not far from my cabin. Problem is riding alone out there on a relatively untested old bike with no cell phone coverage can be a bit gutsy. It needs some more shake down runs, but I believe it is now mostly worthy.

One trip was to explore some of the devastation from last year’s King Fire that burned 97,000 acres In El Dorado National Forest. Another trip was to the Loon Lake entrance of the Rubicon for a short in and out look. The King fire opened up a lot of the forest with new dirt roads.

Hope you enjoy.........

236Sm.jpg

244Sm.jpg

272sm.jpg

275Sm.jpg
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

I like blue
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Looks great Darrell!

You're catching up with me with your expanding stable of TW's !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i really like the xt225 tank in that colour - goes well with the robin blue plastics.
    is the xt225 tank an easy fit?

ken

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post
    i really like the xt225 tank in that colour - goes well with the robin blue plastics.
    is the xt225 tank an easy fit?

ken
    Hi Ken, Yes the XT225 tank install is pretty straight forward. It is not a direct drop in, but simple enough. There is a real good write up on this forum that covers the install in detail.

Thank you for the compliment on the colors.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Looks great Darrell!

You're catching up with me with your expanding stable of TW's !
    It would be very difficult to catch up with you Brian! It is hard enough just trying to buy any TW with all your "TW200 Wanted Running or Parts Bike ads on Craigslist! You have cornered the market.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.
    Big D

Is it bad to say I like the color of your XT gas tank on the TW and not say a lot about the TW? I'm accidentally (by ruining engines) catch TW-Brain. Your doing it on purpose. Giggle

I can't remember seeing any old XT gas tanks around my area. Holding about the same amount of fuel as the plastic clark TW gas tank, I think the XT's tanks look a lot better. Now you gotta catch up the looks of the rest of the TW to match the XT tank.
    WS23, jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

That bike looks great.
    I wish this site had full size pictures like ADVrider. Its a PITA to click on each one. I don't know about you guys, but my eyesight isn't getting any better!

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Since I have both 2006 TW and an XT 225 I think you hit a home run with the tank colors against the robin egg blue plastics! When ever you do see nice plastics for that year offered I would grab them as they will get harder to find as time goes by. This is not a big deal but the seat should have TRAILWAY rather than YAMAHA on it or be totally blank as it is because the 1989 was a one off year that only said TRAILWAY. I have also seen a couple 89 seats that just said TRAIL but am not sure if this was stock.

GaryL
    WS23 and TWilight like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The XT225 tank on a TW is a nice look. But an XT350 tank holds more fuel. Yes, it is time to get that purdy bike Duffy. Would somebody please organise a ride?
    SanDue, TW-Brian and WS23 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links