So...ya get HIT...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: So...ya get HIT...

So...ya get HIT...

...in the rear. Knocks you out of the seat and down goes the TW. At a stop sign...the bane of expat Californians.

MISSES the fender. Impact is on the rear tire. But the machine goes down HARD. Bends a brake lever like spagetti. Continues to run 30 seconds, wheel spinning in the air, while you get your wits.

I got the a-hole's plate. Shook up, I waved him off...I didn't want that schitthead touching me anymore. But then I discover the handbrake lever farked up.

Should I have killed him slowly? Or with one shot?

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    ...in the rear. Knocks you out of the seat and down goes the TW. At a stop sign...the bane of expat Californians.

MISSES the fender. Impact is on the rear tire. But the machine goes down HARD. Bends a brake lever like spagetti. Continues to run 30 seconds, wheel spinning in the air, while you get your wits.

I got the a-hole's plate. Shook up, I waved him off...I didn't want that schitthead touching me anymore. But then I discover the handbrake lever farked up.

Should I have killed him slowly? Or with one shot?
    Waved him off???? Should have done like any other legal rider might have and laid on the ground writhing in pain!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

It wasn't that simple - really. He got out; was (of course) solicitious. And he was twenty years younger and my own size. In udder words, he was a young bear and I am an aging bear.

We went over the bike. Oddly, I couldn't find damage on the side it was dropped. He hit the tire - we lined it up. I didn't hit my head or anything.

It was only two blocks later that I found the impact got absorbed by the brake lever.
    TWilight likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Waved him off???? Should have done like any other legal rider might have and laid on the ground writhing in pain!

GaryL
    I should have.

But I got raised to be honest rather than clever. I didn't even think of that until he was already out and helping me right the TW.

My loss. Nice guys finish last.

Sorry to hear, scary situation to say the least. I'm glad to your ok and the bike isn't beyond totaled.

Always............ get police their to fill a report and take pics a lot.............. You never know a week later you might find a certain pain caused by the accident. Not every pain is right then and now. Or damage might not be seen even by a mechanic.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I should have.
    But I got raised to be honest rather than clever. I didn't even think of that until he was already out and helping me right the TW.
    My loss. Nice guys finish last.
    Good for you! You are to be congratulated. You got bumped, no harm, no need for lawyers...
    As long as the guy wasn't an asshole, I'd just be glad no one got hurt.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

^^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree ^^^^^^^^^^

Tom
    SanDue, mhomadness and Gerry like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfrider View Post
    Always............ get police their to fill a report and take pics a lot.............. You never know a week later you might find a certain pain caused by the accident. Not every pain is right then and now. Or damage might not be seen even by a mechanic.
    Best advice yet! ^^^^^^^^.

My wife took a hit from behind and did get the accident report and pictures but two days later she fell out at work. Fractured two vertebrates in her neck and now has a titanium plate fusing them together. She said it was just a minor hit and no big deal ---$75,000 later. You don't have a clue what damage may have been done to the bike or you until the adrenaline subsides and you have a chance to assess the real damage.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Can NOT agree ^^^^^^

Because, as Gulfrider said, a lot of injuries are not seen or felt at the scene of the accident. The TW rider did not just get "bumped". His bike was knocked over, and damaged on the right side...i.e. the front brake lever, at least. Getting "bumped" is when there is NO damage, and the bike or rider does not fall down.

I am NOT advocating to sue the car driver. But the police should have been called, a police report should have been filed, and all pertinent info about the car driver should have been shared with the bike rider, and the police.

Example...what if this particular car driver was driving on a suspended license, or has a DUI in his/her record. What if he/she was wanted by the police?

Again, I am not advocating to "make money" off this accident. But that is why I have 100 % insurance coverage on every vehicle I own. And I expect all drivers to have the same insurance...which we all know a lot of them don't.

So, why should the motorcycle rider in this case have to pay for the damage done to his bike, or the possible medical bills he may incur......?
    This. Always get the police involved for ANY accident. You never know what will pop up...
    TWilight and mhomadness like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links