Well, it's happening. Old Age...having trouble...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Well, it's happening. Old Age...having trouble...

Well, it's happening. Old Age...having trouble...

Nice weather today; and I had business a few miles out of town...so I took the "big bike," the CB1100. This, after using the TW exclusively for two weeks.

The riding position does cock the legs. It's not a crouch like a sportsbike; but there's more of a bend in the knee and the legs are more in a crouch than on the TW...which I am really comfortable on.

And I was meeting the old bugaboo...cramping in the groin. Noticed it first this spring. Not sure why...I also ride a bicycle; I'm not in good shape but I think I'm a long way from the Scooter Store. Yet here I am on my asphalt-eater, and constantly standing up on the pegs to shed the cramps.

I suppose lowered pegs might help a bit but they'll also be more likely to hit pavement. And it doesn't change the REAL issue - that I'm getting Ooooolllllddd...

If things don't change drastically...I may have to put the CB up for sale. I'd hate to do that...I suppose there are worse things than having to buy, in the end, a V-Strom or even a CSC. Or nothing, and just admit my days as a touring rider are over...

Bummer. I have all winter now to work on getting in shape...just like I did last winter... and the winter before...
    TWilight likes this.

Sounds like you might be dehydrated causing the cramps. try hydrating 24 hours before the next ride.
    TWilight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Nice weather today; and I had business a few miles out of town...so I took the "big bike," the CB1100. This, after using the TW exclusively for two weeks.

The riding position does cock the legs. It's not a crouch like a sportsbike; but there's more of a bend in the knee and the legs are more in a crouch than on the TW...which I am really comfortable on.

And I was meeting the old bugaboo...cramping in the groin. Noticed it first this spring. Not sure why...I also ride a bicycle; I'm not in good shape but I think I'm a long way from the Scooter Store. Yet here I am on my asphalt-eater, and constantly standing up on the pegs to shed the cramps.

I suppose lowered pegs might help a bit but they'll also be more likely to hit pavement. And it doesn't change the REAL issue - that I'm getting Ooooolllllddd...

If things don't change drastically...I may have to put the CB up for sale. I'd hate to do that...I suppose there are worse things than having to buy, in the end, a V-Strom or even a CSC. Or nothing, and just admit my days as a touring rider are over...

Bummer. I have all winter now to work on getting in shape...just like I did last winter... and the winter before...
    Bro, don't give up on that "can do" attitude. !!!
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Sounds like you might be dehydrated causing the cramps. try hydrating 24 hours before the next ride.
    Nope. I drink nearly a gallon of water a day...probably more if you include coffee in the morning.

I don't drink soda, milk, fruit juice...any of that crap. At first I thought it was maybe the morning caffeine, but it's no better if I skip.

Potassium is a little light, only because I'm on a low-carb diet.

What will probably help me in all things, is to lose 40 pounds. Yeah...like that will happen.
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Bro, don't give up on that "can do" attitude. !!!
    Waaalll...nobody's getting a trike here.

I figured the TW might be my old-age bike. I guess I was righter than I thought; and that old-age is coming for me sooner than for many.
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

Bro, you can do it. Inside every fat guy is a skinny guy screaming to get out.
    Believe me, I know.
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    ......... is to lose 40 pounds.........
    Your TW will love you for it!!!!
    admiral and TWilight like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

My dad rode my wife's 650 at age 80. We would go all over Mich. looking up relatives at different cemeteries....I "DO" miss him. Don't give up...OMM.

Getting old does suck, I injured my left knee three weeks ago at work and it is not getting better using a brace helps but I think it is time to see a doctor.
    TWilight and Tirebiter like this.

Potassium is an issue for sure, but I bet if you try magnesium it will eliminate all but the worst case cramps. I sometimes get a cramp at night in bed. Even a couple Tums (generic) help me. And I'm almost 66 BTW.
    TWilight likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links