Thread: Snow !!

Snow !!

Statements

4:47 AM EDT Friday 16 October 2015
    Special weather statement in effect for:
    •Innisfil - New Tecumseth - Angus
    •Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
    •Shelburne - Mansfield - Northern Dufferin County

First lake effect flurries of the season late tonight into Saturday.
    Not Ready for this yet.

A cold air mass will move into Southern Ontario tonight and last through the weekend. For areas to the southeast of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, rain showers are expected to transition to flurries late tonight and continue into Saturday.

At this point, it appears that some snowfall accumulation is likely. Several centimetres of wet snow are anticipated overnight and continuing into Saturday. Exactly how much snow will fall remains difficult to determine at this moment as the placement of the heaviest lake effect snow bands is still uncertain. Should the snow bands remain over a particular location for an extended period, local snowfall amounts could reach 15 cm by Saturday afternoon. Snow squall watches have been issued for areas where 15 cm of snow is possible.

Reduced visibility in bursts of heavier flurries is also possible.

For areas immediately along the lakeshore, accumulations should be less as temperatures there will be a few degrees warmer due to the relatively warm lakes.

The lake effect flurries should slowly wind down on Sunday.

People who will be travelling in these regions are advised to monitor future forecasts as more information becomes available. Snow squall warnings may be required as the event draws nearer.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at Weather Information - Environment Canada.
    admiral likes this.

Now I’ve moved to Anglesey, the instances of snow here on the Island are about one in ten years – something to do with the tail end of the Gulf Stream apparently.

Shame really, now that I have the ideal bike for it, I feel like I’m missing out somehow – back in Hampshire we’d get a white out one in three …..

Gonna miss that back wheel following the camber of the road until you end up sideways with a grin on your face – even in London a white out was “entertaining” – had some woman walk up to me once on Pall Mall in a snow storm and say “Are you insane” ?

Hell yeah !

Happy days ……………

Fred likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Seems a bit early! Even for Ontario. I'm glad that here on the coast we might not see snow accumulation till january.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That good.I have family heading down to a ceremony at the fire damage collage in Halifax later this month.My dad who passed away a while back is getting an award for his service in the navy.He was on the Kootenay when the explosion happened.
    TopPredator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Now I’ve moved to Anglesey, the instances of snow here on the Island are about one in ten years – something to do with the tail end of the Gulf Stream apparently.

Shame really, now that I have the ideal bike for it, I feel like I’m missing out somehow – back in Hampshire we’d get a white out one in three …..

Gonna miss that back wheel following the camber of the road until you end up sideways with a grin on your face – even in London a white out was “entertaining” – had some woman walk up to me once on Pall Mall in a snow storm and say “Are you insane” ?

Hell yeah !

Happy days ……………

I rode my Buell in the snow once- and told myself never again. That shit was scary. I do feel like the TW would be much better for it though... half the weight, about a tenth of the torque, and knobbies. It's probably significantly less scary anyway.

But now that I live in Phoenix, I sometimes forget that 'weather' is a thing that still exists until other people bring it up.

1" = 3" in middle Yooper this weekend ??????? It's coming soon enough.. We need to get rid of the leaves on our trees first... OMM.

We could use the precipitation here in San Jose but you can keep the cold.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Snowed here today too, well there were snow flakes in the air. Nothing lasted once it hit the ground.

You guy's stop talking about snow!!! I want to be able to ride my new bike for a while first before storing it for the winter!!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Snowing here at the bunker and sticking to grass and decks as we speak. Good night for a toasty fire and a movie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links