Roninboise - Ron Baldner Ashes at Perrine Bridge Sunday Nov. 1st
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Roninboise - Ron Baldner Ashes at Perrine Bridge Sunday Nov. 1st

Roninboise - Ron Baldner Ashes at Perrine Bridge Sunday Nov. 1st

"this is a ride not a race, so it's suppose to be fun"
    Ron

Last night I received an email from Ron's wife Marie. While only a few forum members ever met Ron in person, many knew him through the forum. I'm thinking he's pretty much the guy responsible for our Moab gathering this past March and is really the inspiration of any future TW group gatherings. Many have been to Moab before, but I think as a group this was a first and he started it!

While I know it's almost impossible for anyone to attend, if you want, think of him on this day. I plan to attend.

Thank you,
    Admiral (Kris)

From Marie:

Ron Baldner Ashes at Perrine Bridge Sunday Nov. 1st, 2 PM

Kris and Lori, I hope this is your correct email. Let me know if you receive this. Please forward to any TW 200 friends who may be interested in knowing about this.
    Thank you.
    Marie

Dear friends,

I'm letting friends and acquaintances of Ron Baldner know that at 2 PM, November 1st, Sunday, they should gather under the North End of Perrine Bridge heading into Twin Falls. If coming from Boise direction, it's located off I-84, Exit 173, onto Southbound Hwy 93 underneath the Perrine Bridge that Ron said he "had a hand on every piece of steel" while he was the Rigging Foreman back in the early 1970's. From the South bound lane off I-84, just before crossing the bridge from North to South, park on the long paved turnout at the right of Highway 93. Walk under the Bridge from the parking turnout, using the pathway and stairs built to reach an Overlook. There is a rock wall to view the bridge from underneath; the highway on the bridge is directly overhead. (Note: this is NOT at the Park at the South end of the Bridge. If you are coming from the South from Blue Lakes Blvd./Hwy 93, cross over the Bridge in the Northbound lane, turn around where possible, and come back to the North End of the Bridge to park on the turnout).
    After friends have gathered at 2 PM, I will read Ron's obituary, ask for any comments from friends about their memories of Ron, and then sprinkle the ashes underneath the Perrine Bridge on the rocks below the Overlook. That will be his only monument. If anyone didn't get the invitation or later wants to stop there and think of Ron, the ashes will be right there.
    Afterwards, we can go to Pizza or something else to eat (open to suggestions, since I don't know the area) on Blue Lakes Blvd in Twin Falls, if desired. 208-866-3439 RSVP or comments to Marie Baldner
    [email protected].

H Marie Baldner
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks Kris. I will be thinking of Ron. He seemed to be a great trail guide and riding partner. The Moab trip will be a 'lifetime memory' for many. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Thats 5 miles away from my home ...opening of deer season for me though also...might have to rethink schedule....
    admiral and SanDue like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I will be there.
    admiral and SanDue like this.
    You never know what you can do until you have to undo something you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post

"this is a ride not a race, so it's supposed to be fun"
    Ron
    He said that? Even at a riding pace I could never keep up with him! Fascinating about the Perrine Bridge, now I'll think of Ron every time I cross it.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I only met Ron in person at Moab. However prior to that we had several lengthy phone calls where he was always enthusiastic with offers of help and organization for the then upcoming 2015 Moab event. What a guy, I kept telling myself that he was going to be a good man to meet in person. I may have suggested a Moab group ride years ago but it was Ron who made it happen, generated the interest, maintained the enthusiasm, proposed the camp location. Thanks Ron! A very good man whose passing leaves us all a little impovrished.
    Thanks to Marie for the invitation and insights into Ron's past.
    R.I.P. Ron
    Last edited by Fred; 10-28-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

R.I.P. Didn't know you, but feel like I did.
    littletommy, admiral and SanDue like this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Can’t make it myself — but I’d appreciate if someone who was there passed on my respects (and those of others on the forum).

As per the previous comments above — he left his mark on a lot of people — and his legacy.

Stubborn to the end — at the same time - a gentle man ……………..
    admiral, Fred and SanDue like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Just a heads up....construction on the bridge.... North end parking was closed when I came over it a few minutes ago....call me with any questions.... two zero eight three two nine three zero seven eight....

Travis
    admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.

And I made a call to Marie and let her know the situation...
    admiral likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links