All tucked in
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: All tucked in

All tucked in

Snug as a bug sleep the happy little motorcycles..

winter storage.1.jpg

winter storage.2.jpg

The only bike not currently under cover from the imminent snow is the Harley. It gets its very own spot in a shed on account of it's either
    A) special because it's a Harley or
    B ) is the only bike too fat to fit through the door.

At least the shed has a resident black snake! I'm not totally unfeeling here.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Imminent snow? You are looking at 73 and partly sunny tomorrow.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

It's November 4. The forecast may say nice but past experience says this is the end of the good weather. Ma nature gave us the snow warning 't other week - had an inch in the lawn at daybreak.

We'd keep the bikes topside a bit longer but the driveway at this joint needs some serious tending to. It's a swamp. Too many other holes needed patched before the cold sets in for a crawler and a couple tri-axes of stone to be first thing on the budget. It is, however, next on the list. At this moment in time the TW and the 2 XT's are the only 3 that can come and go at will through the mud - so getting the more street oriented bikes in while the getting is good was a priority.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We store 4 bikes in our out building.. The trump is further back with a nice snug made to order cover, the wife's V-star s next in line.. And the two dubs. are nearest to the door, ya know for those possible nice days when the driveway is nice enough for our fat tires to destroy it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hidebound View Post
    Snug as a bug sleep the happy little motorcycles..

winter storage.1.jpg

winter storage.2.jpg

The only bike not currently under cover from the imminent snow is the Harley. It gets its very own spot in a shed on account of it's either
    A) special because it's a Harley or
    B ) is the only bike too fat to fit through the door.

At least the shed has a resident black snake! I'm not totally unfeeling here.
    It's always sad to me to hear of bikes being put away...
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    It's always sad to me to hear of bikes being put away...
    True story. I ride my bikes throughout the winter. That's what snow plows are for. Luckily I live in a place now where it hasn't snowed for a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    True story. I ride my bikes throughout the winter. That's what snow plows are for. Luckily I live in a place now where it hasn't snowed for a few decades.
    If I can get out, I ride.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Don't be sad. Winter is the time for working on the bikes and addressing all the little faults that get jerry-rigged to function or just plain ignored in favor of more ride time.

As mentioned in another post the TW has a stuck float and so need the carb taken apart and cleaned/rebuilt; his bigger motor has to be gone through and installed. The Gen1 KLR requires (by the sounds of it) lower bearings. The XT225 is running but cosmetically is a sin - that gets cleaned up. You get the idea

I had both of mine all set for the long period of inactivity, but here in upstate NY we are seeing some really nice weather this week. A couple days ago I decided to ride to work in the morning so I could enjoy the 70º weather when I got out. It was a gorgeous low 70º afternoon that day and riding the long way home was quite enjoyable. The ride in, however, was with temps in the upper 30ºs, and I was woefully unprepared for that. I think I'll just leave the bikes in the garage until after work from here on until Spring arrives. :-)
    2009 TW200
    2000 V-Star Classic
    1986 HD Sportster (sold)
    1975 Yamaha DT125 (sold)

Parked for winter...never!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links