I'm almost back, i think...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought my first Tdub in 2008- and sold it in 2010 (traded for an Er6n), since then I have moved to San Diego and Japan. The Er6n did awesome in San Diego, but I got shifted to Japan and unfortunately, Japan wants too much money to get the Kawi registered. Anyway, I have been eyeballing this little TW225 in a shop out here in Japan. I stopped by yesterday to talk to the gentleman mechanic. He was surprisingly pretty good with English so I asked him how much he wanted for the little gem. He didn't want to give me a quote, he told me that when he is finished "working" on it he'd give me a call. There was nothing obviously wrong with the bike- he just said he had to do an oil change, install a new battery and replace the torn seat. I couldn't explain to him that I wanted to buy it and work on it myself. He said something about "my Shop" and "I fix bike good before sell". So we exchanged phone numbers and agreed that he would call me as soon as he is done with it. I'm hoping not to pay much more than 3K USD, but we'll see.

So wish me luck guys, If I get to buy this bike I'll post it here to show it off. And I will immediately start researching whether I can export the bike back to the states when I go back. I have 3 years till I get back.

Pablo

Here are a few shots of the TW that I have been looking at:

Now that I have had a good look at it, I don't think I would want to pay much more than 1200 USD for it. What do you guys think?

Looks nice. What year is it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by weather_man View Post
    Here are a few shots of the TW that I have been looking at:

Now that I have had a good look at it, I don't think I would want to pay much more than 1200 USD for it. What do you guys think?

Looks great. 1200?? seems like a steal.

TW225?

You can't even find those in this country. Would you be allowed to bring it back?

Phelonius
    Phelonius

The gentleman could not tell me what year it was, and I could not figure it out by looking at it. Any idea from you guys on how I could find out? Keep in mind this one is all Japanese.

I still don't know how much I will end up paying for it but from what I have seen, used bikes do not have much value in Japan.

I also don't know if I will be able to export out of Japan and in to the US, but if I end up buying it, I will try to.

The weirdest thing just happened- I just found my first TW 200 for sale on E-bay here:

My link

This is not my ad, I was just browsing and coincidentally found some one else selling my old bike. I wish I could buy it back and have someone store it for me. I always regretted getting rid of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by weather_man View Post
    The gentleman could not tell me what year it was, and I could not figure it out by looking at it. Any idea from you guys on how I could find out? Keep in mind this one is all Japanese.

I still don't know how much I will end up paying for it but from what I have seen, used bikes do not have much value in Japan.

I also don't know if I will be able to export out of Japan and in to the US, but if I end up buying it, I will try to.

The weirdest thing just happened- I just found my first TW 200 for sale on E-bay here:

My link

This is not my ad, I was just browsing and coincidentally found some one else selling my old bike. I wish I could buy it back and have someone store it for me. I always regretted getting rid of it in the first place.

I was at the dealer the other day and they stated the 10th number in the VIN is the year.

The 10th number or letter of the VIN denoting the year is only in the U. S. of A. that I know of.

1981 (

1982 (C)

1983 (D)

1984 (E)

1985 (F)

1986 (G)

1987 (H)

1988 (J)

1989 (K)

1990 (L)

1991 (M)

1992 (N)

1993 (P)

1994 (R )

1995 (S)

1996 (T)

1997 (V)

1998 (W)

1999 (X)

2000 (Y)

2001 (1)

2002 (2)

2003 (3)

2004 (4)

2005 (5)

2006 (6)

2007 (7)

2008 (8)

2009 (9)

2010 (A)

2011 (B )

This system was not mandated until 1981. (A) was reserved for 1980, but the system didn't go into effect until 1981. There are no letters I, O or Q, or U in VINs, to avoid confusion with the digits 1, 0, and V, respectively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links