Bike names.
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike names.

I feel almost every vehicle has a distinct type of personality.

For the ones I personally own, I try to reflect this with a suitable name.

Over the years I've therefore named many bikes, boats and cars.

Some of the more memorable ones being:

The Italian Stallion - An Alfa Romeo sports car.

Pegasus - An old but very reliable Toyota.

Dracula - A Black Honda XR600R that was so dangerous, unreliable and costly in parts it literally drained me of blood and money!

Frankenstein - A huge heavy old 1100cc Yamaha chopper that was very customized with other bike parts. Good but misunderstood.

Dolphin - A very smooth and blue Yamaha FJ1200cc bike.

White Fang - A white heavily modified Japanese drifting car type setup.

Jelly Bean - A very naughty rubber duck boat.

Silver Surfer - A Silver Mercedes Benz Sports Coupe.

AK47 - An old Yamaha XT250 that was amazingly reliable and virtually indestuctable.

So do YOU have a name for your TW? If so, please do share.

I call mine "Mountain Dub".

Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

My TW hasn't made a name for herself yet, but my old beat-up pick-up truck is named Bertha (picture a manly woman of a truck driver, sorry, too many cartoons as a kid). You know, cranky, mean, ugly old truck but gets the job done. It's funny though. I really do like my truck, as does a friend of mine. At church, we talk about her, and people listening into our ridiculous conversation always ask who Bertha is. When I tell them it's my truck's name, they look at me like I'm some kind of escaped mental patient.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I named mine JoJo after my best friend's mom. I love telling him that I rode JoJo all day and how wet and dirty she is. I might get JoJo as a vanity plate but I'm afraid that might push it over the edge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    I named mine JoJo after my best friend's mom. I love telling him that I rode JoJo all day and how wet and dirty she is. I might get JoJo as a vanity plate but I'm afraid that might push it over the edge!!!

Ok, that's pretty funny. Well, to me it is. I'm not so sure your friend would see it the same way!

Mine, not very original. I call it the Mule.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

When I was in Spain my TW was Christened El Burro (the donkey) by a couple of Spaniards I met.

It seems fitting so I continue to call him (yes he's a "him") El Burro.

My ancient Honda XL600 is called "you *&%£[email protected] %$£"%$^&* thing" usually just after it's kick me back after sitting unused for months.

My Tw's name is "Hi Jolly" after a tough, dedicated, no nosense individual who was probably the biggest player in what undeservedly became a piece of obscure history. Aside from that, he has like THE the coolest grave EVER, no?

http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/camels.html

I originally built it to explore the Camel Corps route, a portion of which runs through my part of the desert, many portions of it beyond the fuel range of larger dualsports. Travels long distances without fluids, carrying unreasonasble burdens for its size...etc. yada yada... Tw's are camel-like to me.

Prolly the first time I put any real thought into naming a bike. The rest all started life cute names like "Miss Piggy" who was one of the first KLR600's, a TT500 named "Snapper" because of what it could do to your leg, my current KLR named "Kilroy IV". My first 10 or so bikes were so illegitimate they didn't deserve names. A succession of Brit bikes and a couple of Ironhead Sportsters which all eventually earned the same names "The Antichrist".....

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I don't usually name vehicles, but some end up named by others.

First bike with a name was a XL250. My wife started calling her Shasta, short for "She has to have ...", which was her way of telling me it was okay to buy more farkles.

My kids started calling a '75 Pontiac "Pete the Pontiac". Pete was kinds of infamous because he passed a few 4x4s stuck in a mud slide on a secondary road at Land Between the Lakes. Pete had a mildly rebuilt 455 set up for torque and towing, a B&M RV trans, 27% Hone overdrive, a 4.56 12-bolt with Triple-D differential, BFG Mud Terrain 235/75-15 front, 32/11.50-15 rear, custom wound high rate springs with 1.5-inch lift, stock rear, Gabriel Red Rider shocks, JCWhitney HD front and rear sway bars with polyurethane bushings. What made the incident so embarassing for the stuck trucks was Pete was dragging a 3500-pound travel trailer at the time. Best tow vehicle I ever owned.

Tdub is Tdub, because riding buddies started calling her that.

I call mine Chitty (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang). It's kinda noisy and odd looking, but suprises all the time.

I don't usually name bikes, but I named the TW.

I do name my guitars though.

I call mine The Dike because the first day I rode it I scaled about a eighty degree incline onto a single lane road that almost put me into a pond. Crested the hill on one wheel and stopped her just before I ended up in the drink.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links