Aced it
Close

Thread: Aced it

I was so proud of the tw today. After 3 years of riding trails I finally took the mmc endorsement skills test today. The little bike whipped through the course with zero point deductions. A perfect score. Even the examiner was impressed with how well she performed. Feels good to put a plate on the beast.

Congrats! I was able to use a TW during my motorcycle training course. They are a perfect bike for taking the test...and EVERYTHING else!
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

That's where I first rode a TW, taking my road test. The testing facility had about 15 of them all very low mileage. When I completed the course I went looking for one. I bought a new 2009.

Wayne.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cdsdave View Post
    I was so proud of the tw today. After 3 years of riding trails I finally took the mmc endorsement skills test today. The little bike whipped through the course with zero point deductions. A perfect score. Even the examiner was impressed with how well she performed. Feels good to put a plate on the beast.

Your too modest cdsdave, as good as the TW is it didn't ride it self on the test.

cdsdave, if you haven't taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse please do so ASAP. The classroom portion will provide a basic outlook on defensive riding, outlining mindsets and thinking strategies for dealing with road hazards that most people never consider. There is a reason some people seem to have a crisis situation every time they get on a bike and other people ride the same roads and never have a crisis situation. Different mindsets and thinking strategies are the reason. You probably won't have any problem with the riding portion, so pick a cruiser or sport style bike to raise the challenge quotient.

More info here.

Our daughter learned on a dub during her classes...... They are a perfect fit and so well balanced.. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    cdsdave, if you haven't taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse please do so ASAP. The classroom portion will provide a basic outlook on defensive riding, outlining mindsets and thinking strategies for dealing with road hazards that most people never consider. There is a reason some people seem to have a crisis situation every time they get on a bike and other people ride the same roads and never have a crisis situation. Different mindsets and thinking strategies are the reason. You probably won't have any problem with the riding portion, so pick a cruiser or sport style bike to raise the challenge quotient.

More info here.

Thanks for that advise qwerty. If I get serious about road riding I am sure I will take that course. Right now I live in a remote part of Michigan and the little bit of road riding I do I am way more scared of hitting a deer than I am of the minor amount of traffic I encounter. If I ever move back down to Detroit I would be very tempted to get a Ninja 250 and play on the wide open and lightly traveled Boulevards in and around the city. For now I have an 18 mile private trail system that me and my brother built so I pretty much stay on my property until I run out of food and have to go into town to re-supply the cupboards. If it wasn't for the bike and the trails I would already be back in Detroit since there ain't nothin' to do around here other than ride.

Quote Originally Posted by uktw125 View Post
    Your too modest cdsdave, as good as the TW is it didn't ride it self on the test.

Thanks for the kind words. I do practice slow riding. Figure eights, sharp u-turns, and fast stops are part of my riding routine. With that said, at my experience level I would never have nailed the test so easily on a bigger heavier bike.

TW is perfect for the MSF Basic Rider Course - just took it this past weekend and passed with a perfect score - the bike was a champ

Sponosred Links