afx helmets?
Close

Thread: afx helmets?

Member uncle_zach@rocketmail.com's Avatar
    Been thinking about getting a new helmet I have an old one that I used to use for 4wheeling. One of my buddies bought an afx 37ds and he absolutely loves it just wondering what you fellas in the T-dub world think of these helmets and/or recommendations on other helmets

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...l-sport-helmet

Z-Dub on a T-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_banjo View Post
    Been thinking about getting a new helmet I have an old one that I used to use for 4wheeling. One of my buddies bought an afx 37ds and he absolutely loves it just wondering what you fellas in the T-dub world think of these helmets and/or recommendations on other helmets

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...l-sport-helmet

Z-Dub on a T-Dub
    I've got one, its fine for knocking around in the woods. I don't use the face shield. Lid lifts at anything above 40mph though

n.e.illinois, what are you calling "lid"?

Perhaps the lift problem would be cured by using the "flat black side-covers and screw plug for shield use without the visor"? I take the visors off helmets, anyway. My riding buddies and I don't get off on roosting each other, so the visor isn't really necessary for us. Do you think offing the visor would solve the "lift" problem?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

lid-hat-helmet

Removing the visor would indeed eliminate any lift problems. It's designed to allow some airlflow through the visor and the helmet, but it's not really great at higher speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    n.e.illinois, what are you calling "lid"?

Perhaps the lift problem would be cured by using the "flat black side-covers and screw plug for shield use without the visor"? I take the visors off helmets, anyway. My riding buddies and I don't get off on roosting each other, so the visor isn't really necessary for us. Do you think offing the visor would solve the "lift" problem?

You might try cutting a few u-shaped vents, with the open part of the u towards the leading edge of the visor. Then take a hair dryer, heat the visor open end of the u well, then push the cut end up to make a little backwards air scoop to relieve pressure of air trapped below the visor. Some visors get soft enough under a hair dryer you can cut a slot sidewatys, heat the plastic, and push the sioftened plasic up with with a utensil of some type to from a pressure relief vent.

I have one..been using it for the last year+ on quads and in my rzr. I like it cause i can wear sunglasses and not need goggles. I onyl flip the visor down when its dusty..90% of the time its open. Crusing at 50 is comfortable. Little warm in the summer..lips get cold in the winter but a backlava fixes it.
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Sponosred Links