Which GoPro mount is preferred?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Which GoPro mount is preferred?

Which GoPro mount is preferred?

My fellow TW brothers, I have come to you guys to ask a question. I have a GoPro 3 hero and a cube. Which are the best mounts? What are the best locations for helmet and bike? What are advantages and disadvantages? Thanks Mark
    87 TW200 - new paint, tires, cables, seat, CDI, DG exhaust, chain and sprockets, custom self made aluminum reserve gas tank mounted on Oem rack, Dewalt box mounted on rack in front of reserve tank, quick release seat, new lease on life.

05 Rhino - custom roll cage, aftermarket seats, bead lock rims, walker shocks, high speed clutch, aluminum roof, 6 HID lights, LED back up lights, 5 point belts and abundant determination.Hidden Content

I prefer the Teletubby mount.

image.png
    1911garand and SanDue like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I have one mounted to my front Cyclerack.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

smitty, doesn't your camera, mounted on the front rack pick up a lot of vibration? I tried mounting on my handle bars and didn't like the jitters in the vids
    SanDue and ejfranz like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I have experimented with several different mounting locations with different brands of camera's. I have always had success with a helmet mount, side or top. I have also mounted the camera's to the motorcycle and but experience a vibration showing in the video. Sometimes bad and sometimes ok. Editing will be your friend on this! The sound wasn't as good when mounted on the motorcycle either as compared to the helmet mount. Mounting in front of the cowling or on a front cyclerack as Smitty Blackstone mentions could mitigate the sound issues.

I have also experimented with a chest mount and didn't care for it that much as I got a screen full of handlebar and instruments blocking the view of the trail. Some people like to see others speedometer's and handlebar action so opinions could vary on this. Also, I move around too much for a chest mount (worse than the helmet mount).

I like the helmet mounts the best for greater field and variety of views offered. One has to physically move the camera for different views when using chest, motorcycle & helmet mounts. All mounting have their place, though.

Experiment and find what you like.

Good luck.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I agree with the Admiral. My videos from the bike mount are almost unwatchable due to vibration. I liked the top mounted helmet mount but it can be an issue at speed and also interfere if you have a modular helmet. The side mount helmet mount is what I recently switched to and seems to work well for me.
    admiral, SanDue, TWilight and 1 others like this.

I have the top mount on my helmet and a chest mount. The chest mount works the best for me. I have to keep it high on my chest or you get vids of mostly the "dashboard". The helmet mount works pretty good off road if there isn't too many low branches to snag it. On road it does tend to tip the helmet back at speed. Also tried mounting it on the lower fork tube for a different perspective. That work OK on the smooth sections but the audio picked up a lot of noise from engine vibrations.
    admiral likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Are there steady-cam mounts for GoPro? Has anyone tried to make them?
    SanDue and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Cool

Check out this great video from Cross training regarding various mounting options:

And this one for techniques:

Fred, socalnative and tuna like this.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I find the chin mount to be the best location, although it is usually a custom install situation.
    TWilight likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links