How about these used TW's
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: How about these used TW's

How about these used TW's

I am still looking for a TW and these are in my area. What do you all think?

https://pullman.craigslist.org/mcy/5477174895.html
    Price a little higher than I would prefer and the miles are getting up there but nice shape and it has racks and pegs. About 25 miles from home.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/snd/5473842076.html
    Older but good shape.Higher miles. No racks. 200 or so miles from home.

Thanks, palousetw200
    jtomelliott49, Byron and TWilight like this.

The '93 will have a kick starter, the miles are low, it's a nice looking bike, & the fact that it is still around in that shape most likely means no kid's thrashed it! Maybe look it over CLOSELY and make an offer. m.

3800 miles is low miles!
    Last edited by mhomadness; 03-05-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: odometer

I like the older one. What is up with those foot rests on the newer one??? Thumbs down, and the seat looks ,,,,, well,,,,not right.
    mhomadness and TWilight like this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I like the newer one. Those are some HUGE footrests! I have the OEM footrests still, if that is bugging you, I'll give them to you.

Seat is definitely modded, that could be a really good thing, as the OEM is a torture rack. I'd offer him $3,000. If it's as clean as it looks and he has good maintenance records that is not out of line.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Looking at the pic a bit closer, (1993) looks like a bit of use on the bike...

If you can turn a wrench, you could have it all fixed up the way you want it for a few $$.

Things to look at, chain & sprockets, Worn, OK, or recently replaced? Are those original tires? Forks in good shape? Rims straight? Rust inside of gas tank? And how does it start & run? & run when it's warmed up?

The reason I posted this bit, is that this is at a dealer, so they most likely won't budge on the price very far... The other side of the coin is that these bikes are overbuilt, so if it looks good, and the stuff mentioned is up to par, this could be a good deal. Otherwise, keep looking, patience will pay off. m.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.

The 2008 is a nice bike too! Check everything already mentioned, & do what Rocky TFS advised!

Sooo... It depends on your personal criteria... Those are both potential good buys. Others will come up as well if you need to wait. Pick one to go look at, don't be in a hurry to buy. m.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.

Killer Sponge Bob Square Pants footrests on the 2008, you could grill toasted sandwiches on them when camping. It's other accessories like seat and racks are personal choices. For the price differential you could add new tires and any accessories you prefer to the older one and still be dollars ahead and have a kick starter which are currently hard to find.
    Both are reasonable machines.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    I like the newer one. Those are some HUGE footrests!
    Those aren't footrests, they are portable patios!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    I like the older one. What is up with those foot rests on the newer one???
    i've heard of bear trap pedals... those woudl be cave bear traps!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The older one seems quite good for the price....

When you are looking make darn sure that you are WELL aware of the oil filter problem.....
    I would be extremely careful about running any TW without knowing that it has the RIGHT filter in it.

If you have not followed this thread you need to Read it and understand what can happen.

The solution is to make sure the seller is aware of the problem and have him open the bleed valve and show you that the oil is circulating up to the head. It is a simple procedure and takes a minute.

Here is a link to the thread... Us old TW guys are aware of the problem but Newbees are not!

https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...locked-up.html
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links