TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

finally have a TW

991 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  joedirt1970 
#1 ·
Well I finally bought a 2013 TW with 920 miles on it It has a few mods. good back rack, larger foot pegs, gps holder and ceg lighter, Bruch guards. I have already changed the front tire to a kenda 270 and changed the spark plug, it is time to change the oil. the pre owner was running Rotella I think T not sure. at 1000 miles will it be safe to put syn oil in now? and on the cab I am going to be running at 5000FT to 10000FT what jetting do I need to do ? I am planning on putting a heaver rear shock spring on because I will have my wife riding with me. But I am going to gear it down and put a 26x8x14. the little that I ridden it I really like it . allen :p

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Allan.
Would recommend a little time with the site's search feature.
Sounds like a great little bike!

Reactions: jtomelliott49
#4 ·
I would wait until 1,500 miles to go to full synthetic. I run the stock 126 jet at sea level to 9,000. Above that, if I'm going to be there more than a day I will put in a 122. I've had the bike as high as 12,000 with the stock jet but it really needed something like a 13/55 up there. You could run a 124 from 3,000 to 10,000 if you can find one. I would not like to have the 122 in there below 7,000 if I was doing hill climbing at low speed, especially with two up. I noticed that the first place an overly rich jetting will show up is up a gentle hill at full throttle in 5th....it will start to bog. Since it became less and less likely that I would be in fifth the higher I got, I just put up with it. I never have (yet) tried the airbox mod, but people swear by it so as not to have to change jets for another couple thousand feet.

I'd wait until you have got some more miles on it before experimenting with the jetting....getting it too hot in a climb is MUCH more likely to cause internal damage than being a bit rich.

Have a ball with your new mule!!:D

#5 ·
Welcome to the NUTHOUSE. I hope you and your wife enjoy your new mule. Next, teach her to ride. These little bikes are ideal for learning the fine art of two wheel enjoyment.

#9 ·
Welcome,

It sounds like the previous owner did some nice things to it. How about posting a pic for us to appreciate it too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.