furthest ridden on the TW?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: furthest ridden on the TW?

furthest ridden on the TW?

i wanna see who has gone the longest the fastest? ive taken my little beast on the highway before (45 tooth sprocket) and it was kinda pushing it. but furthest ive ridden was from houston to galveston lol about 25 min on the highway post pics too!

There are some guys that have ridden really far. 1000 miles or more. I saw a YouTube video with a guy from Singapore or Japan who rode a tw from New York to Texas. I've made the trip from Austin to Seguin. Around 60 miles one way. Half was freeway, but I stayed on the feeder. Speed limit is 70-75 in Texas. Sometimes more. 85 on the toll roads. I'm not touching that.

I live in the country now, I ride with 15/45 gearing, and still usually cruise around at 45-50. I speed up a little to avoid sketchy spots, but that's where she seems happiest. I'm a little guy, 135 lbs. so I don't need to reel her up to move my weight around.

When I get around 60 mph, the motor smooths out, but she's really spinning. Around 6500 rpms according to gearing commander. Some guys say, "that's nothing! Twist that throttle!" But this is my first motorcycle and my only transportation, so I try to be nice to her. Could be fine, but I'm still learning.

You live in Houston? I live an hour south of Austin. 30 min south of San Marcos.
    MOTOMAX on YOUTUBE likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Russandkava View Post
    There are some guys that have ridden really far. 1000 miles or more. I saw a YouTube video with a guy from Singapore or Japan who rode a tw from New York to Texas. I've made the trip from Austin to Seguin. Around 60 miles one way. Half was freeway, but I stayed on the feeder. Speed limit is 70-75 in Texas. Sometimes more. 85 on the toll roads. I'm not touching that.

I live in the country now, I ride with 15/45 gearing, and still usually cruise around at 45-50. I speed up a little to avoid sketchy spots, but that's where she seems happiest. I'm a little guy, 135 lbs. so I don't need to reel her up to move my weight around.

When I get around 60 mph, the motor smooths out, but she's really spinning. Around 6500 rpms according to gearing commander. Some guys say, "that's nothing! Twist that throttle!" But this is my first motorcycle and my only transportation, so I try to be nice to her. Could be fine, but I'm still learning.
    Man , I agree, I have 45 tooth rear and stock front with some tasteful modification , and mine winds out on the highway

There was a guy on here several years ago that rode from eastern Washington to like Michigan and back. Towing a single wheeled trailer. And did it in early spring in the snow!!!!
    Me and my white mule

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOMAX on YOUTUBE View Post
    i wanna see who has gone the longest the fastest?
    The late/great forum member Lizrdbrth and forum member Ronniedog ran an Ironbutt 1000 a few years ago on their TW200's. 1000 miles in under 24 hours on a TW200 has yet to be beat as far as I know and one hell of an accomplishment!!
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...ight=Iron+butt
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
    The late/great forum member Lizrdbrth and forum member Ronniedog ran an Ironbutt 1000 a few years ago on their TW200's. 1000 miles in under 24 hours on a TW200 has yet to be beat as far as I know and one hell of an accomplishment!!
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...ight=Iron+butt

This must be my "something new" for today. I am headed for that thread now! Thank you.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I have a 45 tooth rear sprocket and have no problem doing 500 km days. I usually cruise at 110 km/hr (indicated) (68mph)

The most I have ridden my TW200 in one direction is only 64 miles and I had to take a break. 28 miles was highway. The seat just hurt enough to limit riding farther. Which had a benefit. I found this forum looking for suggestions on seat replacement ideas.

I have manage to ride my old BMW1200RT from Newport News VA to Quincy Massachusetts in one day through all those states and traffic. So in saying that, the people that do long trips on a TW200 my hats off to them. If they are doing long trips on a stock seat they have already had their children or practicing alternative Birth Control.

Rode NY-TX-NY in 2 weeks. Would not want to do that on the TW again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links