My Pathfinder
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My Pathfinder

My Pathfinder

I've got a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. It's my first new car. Right now it's in the shop getting a new transmission put in at 13,600 miles. It's got a CVT transmission. It's been thumping, skipping, and clunking it's way through the past month. I had it in for an oil change before that and they "couldn't duplicate the problem". This time, I called my friend who is the general manager of the dealership, and he had me stop in and I took him and the service manager for a ride and it did it the whole time. Shame I had drive it around annoyed for a month. Other than this issue I've loved the car, best I can describe it is it's like a 4WD Maxima that can tow 5000 lbs. Until this issue I was leaning toward buying the lease out at the end but maybe I'll just lease another (or something else).
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Way to few miles for a tranny failure.
    jtomelliott49 and SickPuppy76 like this.

Get a manual transmission next time while you still can.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Manual tranny , yep, "they" the GOV are phasing them out......won't be long. All in the name of control.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

We've got a 6-speed manual tranny in our 2010 Ford Fusion. Hardly anyone that gets behind the wheel under the age of 50 can drive it.
    Jon62602, admiral, LuvNot and 3 others like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Do not buy out that lease.
    SickPuppy76 likes this.

Got a 9 speed auto in my new Cherokee. All I hear is bad news about that one. So far so good for me. Guess I got one built on a Monday.

I have a friend who had a new Cherokee. After his 3rd transmission, Chrysler helped him out of it into a Wrangler Rubicon. My Pathfinder's been good since I picked it up. It will kill me to turn it in at the end way under my mileage but I really don't want to buy it. My father just bought a 2014 GMC Terrain Denali, and I'm buying his 2005 Buick Rainier with only 48,000 miles on it. I actually ordered that Rainier myself for my lot inventory when I was in the car business. Little did I know, 11 years later, I would own it! This will be my SUV to replace the Pathfinder when I turn that in, and then I will lease or buy something good on gas. It needs tires real bad and the factory rims are very pitted and ugly so I think I'm going to order a new wheel and tire package for it:
    Rainier.jpg My current 2nd vehicle, my grandmother's 1996 Regal with only 82,000 miles on it, is being purchased by a friend of mine for his brother-in-law.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

I would never buy a car without a standard transmission if I didn't have to. All the automatic cars I've driven seem clunky and like they can't decide which gear they want to be in. I've only driven shitty cars that have CVTs, but it seemed to me that it takes quite a while to get up to speed, like starting a car in third or fourth gear.

I know it's not the easiest to get cars with standard transmissions anymore, but I ve never owned a new car either [the newest an 04 vw r32] so I guess I can only hope that someone buys a six speed something now so I don't have to drive an automatic later.
    Peterb likes this.

I have a 2016 Tuscon AWD 1.6 L Turbo and the 7 speed dual clutch transmission (automatically shifted standard) and I love it so far (31 mpg overall). The engine has lots of torque for such a pissant. Hyundai's 5 yr 60000 mile warranty is the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links