Saying goodbye to the TW200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Saying goodbye to the TW200

Saying goodbye to the TW200

After much self debate and inner term oil I finally decided to trade my 2015 TW in. It wasn't an easy decision by any means; however the little T Dub just felt overwhelmed traversing to and from work. The bike struggled mighty on windy days and I couldn't bring myself to punish her as I was in order to keep up with the flow of traffic.

By no means am I bashing the Dub, she's a great bike just a little out of her element when trying to commute safely with folks rushing out of work riding your tailpipe. So, with that being said I purchased a 2016 WR250R, not only can this bike hang with traffic she easily makes it up to 90 mph; I can over take most 4 cylinders on the highway if needed (safely). I only put the Dub on the highway one time and luckily a semi truck was struggling and had traffic moving at 45mph.

It's literally twice the bike and has many features that's hard to resist, i.e. liquid cooling, fuel injection, suspension system and so on. Regardless of all that, this Community/T Dub has been more than awesome! I still log on and browse because there's no better motorcycle form than tw200forum.com. I just wanted to thank everyone that replied/offered knowledgeable advice. THANK YOU!!
    jbfla, LuvNot, TWilight and 9 others like this.

Sad to see you go, but obviously for your needs it was not the right bike.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Thanks Rocky!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahauln View Post
    After much self debate and inner term oil I finally decided to trade my 2015 TW in. It wasn't an easy decision by any means; however the little T Dub just felt overwhelmed traversing to and from work. The bike struggled mighty on windy days and I couldn't bring myself to punish her as I was in order to keep up with the flow of traffic.

By no means am I bashing the Dub, she's a great bike just a little out of her element when trying to commute safely with folks rushing out of work riding your tailpipe. So, with that being said I purchased a 2016 WR250R, not only can this bike hang with traffic she easily makes it up to 90 mph; I can over take most 4 cylinders on the highway if needed (safely). I only put the Dub on the highway one time and luckily a semi truck was struggling and had traffic moving at 45mph.

It's literally twice the bike and has many features that's hard to resist, i.e. liquid cooling, fuel injection, suspension system and so on. Regardless of all that, this Community/T Dub has been more than awesome! I still log on and browse because there's no better motorcycle form than tw200forum.com. I just wanted to thank everyone that replied/offered knowledgeable advice. THANK YOU!!
    I have had my TW200 just over 10 years. Over that time I have considered selling my TW200 too and dreaming of higher engine HP. After riding MOAB last year I was refreshed again loving the TW. Part of the excitement with riding the TW with limited horse power is the feeling of reward that you get when you tackle a line on rock filled trail and get up the trail with a challenge and not excess power. While I totally endorse upgrading to higher performance bike for commuting in traffic I also promote multi bike ownership. Some people have no need for multiple bikes but I like to go by a good friends words on owning more bikes. "It's not the need it's the greed" Actually my friend is not greedy at all, but frugal and lives modestly so he can spend his money on motorcycles, bike trips.
    Last edited by BillPacific; 03-21-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Heck. It ain't a Collection if you just have one!

Wishing you good luck and safety with your WR.
    Be safe.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Dryden-Tdub and BillPacific like this.

The perfect solution is have more than 1 bike.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Studies have shown that you need at least six bikes to be happy. I've got three but the wife keeps throwing the study paper away.

I would have loved to keep the TW; however, I simply don't have room in either of our two garages. My zero turn and lawn equipment fill the secondary garage and my KingQuad 400, WR250R and our two cars occupy the primary. It was sad to part ways but I'm having a much more enjoyable time road riding the WR. Both are great bikes, but if I had to do it all over I'd still go with the WR; nothing beats a Yamaha TW or WR!

I would have loved to keep the TW; however, I simply don't have room in either of our two garages. My zero turn and lawn equipment fill the secondary garage and my KingQuad 400, WR250R and our two cars occupy the primary. It was sad to part ways but I'm having a much more enjoyable time road riding the WR. Both are great bikes, but if I had to do it all over I'd still go with the WR; nothing beats a Yamaha TW or WR!
    YOU DON'T HAVE ROOM IN EITHER GARAGES? You have to learn to negotiate and prioritize. My wife and I came to an agreement, Neither of us would get the two-car garage for FOUR WHEEL VEHICLES. We both park in driveway. I get the whole garage for MAN CAVE. All she gets is control over every other room in our house and entire basement, yard and credit cards LOL. Hell I was negotiating to keep my bikes indoors or I threaten bikes in the living room.

Yep, if you are using the TW as a "Highway" Ride, you are riding the wrong Mule.....these bikes are not designed to keep up with 70+ mph traffic....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links