Is something wrong with me
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Is something wrong with me

Is something wrong with me

I just purchased a new 2016 TW200. Nothing unusual except it's the fourth TW I have owned since 2007. Somehow I have been able to convince myself I don't use it enough and sell them. About two weeks later I regret the decision. So I chose to buy new 2016 TW, I will do all the mods AGAIN and this time keep it. I brought the TW home today with one mile and have already logged 65.
    Any Tw riders in the Santa Clarita Valley let me know. There are some great trails in the area.
    2016 TW200

Nope, it sounds perfectly normal to me (except that part about selling your TW's )!

helluva lot Mo' fun than the heavy road glide aint it?

hell I bought a CBR1000RR a year ago and I always end up having more fun riding my hard-beaten crf230l with 24k miles. I think ill be trading the 1k for a supermoto.... a wr250x sounds nice!

I saw a local wr250x with 57k miles....just oil changes and the basics. sounds like rock solid reliability for a somewhat high strung ~25hp 250 single.
    Last edited by Dark Sol; 03-19-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    I just purchased a new 2016 TW200. Nothing unusual except it's the fourth TW I have owned since 2007. Somehow I have been able to convince myself I don't use it enough and sell them. About two weeks later I regret the decision. So I chose to buy new 2016 TW, I will do all the mods AGAIN and this time keep it. I brought the TW home today with one mile and have already logged 65.
    Any Tw riders in the Santa Clarita Valley let me know. There are some great trails in the area.
    Next time you get the urge to sell it do what my wife told me... put it someplace out of the way and forget about it, then when you get the urge for another one you'll already have it !

Yea, good idea. At some point you face the facts. I have the most fun on my TW? Maybe not too cool but who cares.
    2016 TW200

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    It appears as if there WAS something wrong with you. It sounds like textbook insanity. You now seem cured since you have learned your lesson and plan to keep this one.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    They come apart so easy and the accessories and fabricating are addictive...and they ride ok.
    Beeline and jtomelliott49 like this.

Yea, good idea. At some point you face the facts. I have the most fun on my TW? Maybe not too cool but who cares.

As for the not too cool statement....in who's book? I think the folks that consider themselves true adventure riders somehow think they have to have huge expensive bikes to have fun and they consider themselves "cool", who cares?

Like a kid who has more fun playing with the box that an expensive toy came in, I can have more fun on a goofy little bike than many other's have on their "cool", expensive bikes. It's all perception and perspective. Heck, I pride myself on having three bikes for the price of one KTM or BMW.

Cool bikes or not....in my mind, I think this looks pretty darn "cool", and I don't care what other's think, to each his own.

V-Star, TW and Triumph.jpg

I love riding my TW200 exploring the areas around me and at the end of my ride spending a couple of dollars for gas!

not too cool? ......WAYYYYYYYYYYYY COOL!!!
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links