TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

So I was looking for a T-dub

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  akalogan 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's too much. You can almost buy a new one for that. Any bike 2001 and up would be a good bike, look for clean, low mileage, well maintained bikes only. If it has new tires on it, that's a plus, since many older bikes still have the original tires on it, and will be hardened and possibly dangerous. Ask about oil changes, look at chains, look for leaks especially the base gasket, rust in the tank. Stuff like that.

I have started to look for a new or used TW... I have been tooling around Craigslist and this what I have been finding. The used ones seem overpriced to me, such as a 2001 for $3995. Am I wrong on my accessment?

tri-cities, WA motorcycles/scooters "yamaha tw200" - craigslist

#14 ·
Try another search ( Yamaha TW 200) . I looked for months and found a 2013 for 3400 with 200 miles on it. I though that was the best that I could do.Then I started two look again and found 8 under a search TW 200.
This was in the mid west to the Virginia. Good luck
Yes, same here! Searched Craigslist religiously every day for about 4-5 months until my 2014 popped up this past February 2016, for $3400.00. Had to get creative in my search, I.e. Yamaha TW200, Yamaha TW 200, Yamaha 200 enduro, TW200, TW 200, Yamaha TW, etc, I think you get the idea. Wish you the best in your search!

#6 ·
Keep the faith. There are good deals out there. I spent a long time browsing through the ads and I too thought people were a bit optimistic with their pricing. I finally stumbled across a 2011 with 174 miles for a decent price, but you need to move quickly. They don't stay on the market long when they are reasonably priced. Just need to be patient and know what you are willing to spend. It is a process.

#7 ·
A co-worker told me today he is going to sell his two 2006 (Ithink) TW's. One was wrecked, so salvage title, the other in good shape. He lives in Wichita, KS, as do I. I have no personal reason to offer this, just as a favor to him and someone who will love their TW. Don't think he has kick starters on either bike, but cycle racks are installed on at least one. I'll report back tomorrow.
Where are you located?

#13 ·
I hail from the great land of Walla Walla Washington. I live near the Walla Walla River and all this takes place in Walla Walla county. Are we seeing a trend here? In all seriousness thanks for all the replies folks. I am not in too big of a hurry yet. And the thing is these bikes have all been listed and re-listed. I will just keep looking or bite the bullet and buy a new one in a couple of months after I have save some more cash up. Of course every time I manage to get a decent amount of cash saved up stoopid life wakes up and manages to take away said cash!

#15 ·
Last week I took my buddy down to Higgins Lake, Michigan. Picked up a pristine 2008 with 2500 miles on it. Paid $2,500. Searched TW 200 on Google every day for two weeks. Saw screaming deals that were gone by the end of he day. No need to get screwed buying one of these things. I bought my 2013 with 8 miles out the door for $3,672. They put my kicker and bark busters on too and gave me $50.00 for any front tire I wanted.

#16 ·
I have started to look for a new or used TW... I have been tooling around Craigslist and this what I have been finding. The used ones seem overpriced to me, such as a 2001 for $3995. Am I wrong on my accessment?

tri-cities, WA motorcycles/scooters "yamaha tw200" - craigslist
Hey there Walla Walla......buy a brand new bike with a warranty if you are going to spend anywhere over 3500 on a used one.

Be patient.....good deals are out there.

Used must be under 3k and less than 1000 miles or just buy new.

#20 ·
I have a year to pick up my next one, son turns 16 in August. It seems like a perfect first street legal bike. Problem is, his xr200 already has more power!

#23 ·
My first bike was a 1976 tl125 Honda... That little Trials bike was too much fun, even being 1 year older than I am. from this point going forward I will ride dual sports. It allows me the freedom to ride however I feel the need to that day. The TW's low seat height appeals to my arthritic right hip.

#24 ·
My co-worker here in Wichita is selling his 05 with 6700 miles, new sprockets and o ring chain, original tires, cycle rack, never down (he says), stored indoors in shop or back of house. Asking 2500.00. He also has a parts bike, same year with a bent frame. Dealer had it in for some work, and on test ride, it got hit and insurance totaled it. He bought it back, so it's for sale as well. It doesn't have rack, but was running good when he got it back. Don't know how much he wants for it. He's going to build a website to advertise these bikes. I'll try to keep you all posted as to how to look it up.

#26 ·
Thats a great rule.

Pay no more than $1,800.00 for a 2005 or back, just don't.

Go buy a new one.
Tell dealer not more than 4300 out the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.