So I was looking for a T-dub
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: So I was looking for a T-dub

So I was looking for a T-dub

I have started to look for a new or used TW... I have been tooling around Craigslist and this what I have been finding. The used ones seem overpriced to me, such as a 2001 for $3995. Am I wrong on my accessment?

tri-cities, WA motorcycles/scooters "yamaha tw200" - craigslist

That's too much. You can almost buy a new one for that. Any bike 2001 and up would be a good bike, look for clean, low mileage, well maintained bikes only. If it has new tires on it, that's a plus, since many older bikes still have the original tires on it, and will be hardened and possibly dangerous. Ask about oil changes, look at chains, look for leaks especially the base gasket, rust in the tank. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    I have started to look for a new or used TW... I have been tooling around Craigslist and this what I have been finding. The used ones seem overpriced to me, such as a 2001 for $3995. Am I wrong on my accessment?

tri-cities, WA motorcycles/scooters "yamaha tw200" - craigslist
    admiral, jtomelliott49 and GaryL like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Yeah I am finally getting started on trying to replace my DR350. I really don't want to deal with a bike that is nearly the same age as my current bike. It just feels like people are trying rob you then get butt hurt when you try to negotiate with them... Bunch of stoopid heads

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

See if you local Yamaha dealer provides TW's to motorcycle safety schools. You can pick up a practically new one with very low miles at a huge savings since it's considered used after it's turned back in. Most schools only keep them for 3 or 4 months before turning them in.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Try another search ( Yamaha TW 200) . I looked for months and found a 2013 for 3400 with 200 miles on it. I though that was the best that I could do.Then I started two look again and found 8 under a search TW 200.
    This was in the mid west to the Virginia.
    Good luck
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Keep the faith. There are good deals out there. I spent a long time browsing through the ads and I too thought people were a bit optimistic with their pricing. I finally stumbled across a 2011 with 174 miles for a decent price, but you need to move quickly. They don't stay on the market long when they are reasonably priced. Just need to be patient and know what you are willing to spend. It is a process.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

A co-worker told me today he is going to sell his two 2006 (Ithink) TW's. One was wrecked, so salvage title, the other in good shape. He lives in Wichita, KS, as do I. I have no personal reason to offer this, just as a favor to him and someone who will love their TW. Don't think he has kick starters on either bike, but cycle racks are installed on at least one. I'll report back tomorrow.
    Where are you located?
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

2007 = $3500
    2016 = $3995

*WARNING Newbie Post Above

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    2007 = $3500
    2016 = $3995

I got my 2007 for 2500.
    Jon
    2007 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content
    Tusk D Flex Handguards, ProTaper Pillow Top grips, Yamaha crossbar pad

2002 Yamaha TTR-125
    1978 Honda XL125

Got my 2001 for more than a grand less than that. You're in the wrong season though. Come fall prices will drop.

Welcome by the way. Where do ye hail from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links