TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Potato Chips Tw200 ? Hope the wife forgives me,

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  pred 
#1 · (Edited)
If some of you noticed, I just bought my first TW200, A 2003 with 1996 miles and have been driving it about every day I can and am loving it,
While I have a couple other bikes, The TW is taking me out thru the power lines and over the hills and into the valleys and I can't do that on my 99 Buell M2 Cyclone,
SO heres what I did.
Long story,
BUT I work in Philadelphia Mon thru Thursday and then go to PIttsburgh 300 miles away to the wife and small stone house on the stream for 3 days,
Its a bitch of a life right now and will continue like this for a couple years,
I grew up in Philadelphia and know a lot about the area and have also spent months in the Pine barrens in NJ and know them better than most anyone,
It was kind of an accident, But I found a local TW with a real nice price and 3000 miles on it,
So,
Please forgive me,
I bought it and this week I will get it registered and legally on the road,
I figure I can use it for work when I visit the local properties to meet with the maintenance staff for 30 minutes,
I do get .57 a mile for travel for anything work related and the TW will surly help save some dollars,
A TW to use on each side of Pennsylvania.
This one is a 97, Carp sputters every once in a while, So I will rebuild it this week as well,
I guess I got carried away and love running the TW around all weekend and while I don't have unlimited funds, I do however know that I am getting older and I should enjoy my life and time even thought it when I am at work! ! ! ! ! !
Meaning,
I will get paid to drive the TW one day a week ! !
Heres the pic of the "Potato Chip"
Sincerely
Peter B Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Oops,
I posted in the wrong section,
Sorry folks,
I work in a 700,000 Sq Ft facility and behind the bike in the main switch gear which we bring in two sets of 13,200 Volt, 3 Phase feeds so if one shuts down, We can run the building on the other line,
I can drive into the Substation which is about 4000 Sw Ft and park in there when I ride a bike to work.
Peter B

#8 ·
As a matter of fact,
The middle building has two empty floors On the 7th floor I have a nearly 1/8 mile loop I ride a mountain bike with road tires around some days for 10 minutes or so for some winter exercise!
We care for about 600 Water source heat pumps, A couple Steam boilers, Chillers and all the piping, water heaters and lighting for 2000 to 3000 office personnel,
Thankfully Im the chief engineer and don't have to always be out in the public eye, I like my office, My motorcycles which I keep indoors and my own personal 30 yard shooting range which is in an old service tunnel which was blocked off about 60 years ago.
Anyone in Phila. area can always stop in and take a tour,

#9 ·
Looks like the bike i.was eying from central jersey cycles in eatontown.Great luck with it,I see a nice husky 250 enduro there for 5200 and haven't decided if I want a dually or dirt,after having 2 bikes stolen from me I'm kind of fed up having anything worthwhile anymore,isn't this reason I go to work?. And on top of that im sol w carpal tunnel surgery so riding for next 3 months is out anyway.

#11 ·
I live in somerset nj,by rutgers.I asked cop or cop told me do not take matters into your hands you will be one going to jail.So not only are the police useless with there non chalant attitude I can't even protect myself.My dually was on my porch,they recovered that,it was fubar and all jiggerrigged,what they did to that bike was disqusting. My 02 kx500 was stolen out of side door on garage connected to house. Do not move to Somerset County the crime is high,and the police will not care.

#12 ·
If some of you noticed, I just bought my first TW200, A 2003 with 1996 miles and have been driving it about every day I can and am loving it,
While I have a couple other bikes, The TW is taking me out thru the power lines and over the hills and into the valleys and I can't do that on my 99 Buell M2 Cyclone,
SO heres what I did.
Long story,
BUT I work in Philadelphia Mon thru Thursday and then go to PIttsburgh 300 miles away to the wife and small stone house on the stream for 3 days,
Its a bitch of a life right now and will continue like this for a couple years,
I grew up in Philadelphia and know a lot about the area and have also spent months in the Pine barrens in NJ and know them better than most anyone,
It was kind of an accident, But I found a local TW with a real nice price and 3000 miles on it,
So,
Please forgive me,
I bought it and this week I will get it registered and legally on the road,
I figure I can use it for work when I visit the local properties to meet with the maintenance staff for 30 minutes,
I do get .57 a mile for travel for anything work related and the TW will surly help save some dollars,
A TW to use on each side of Pennsylvania.
This one is a 97, Carp sputters every once in a while, So I will rebuild it this week as well,
I guess I got carried away and love running the TW around all weekend and while I don't have unlimited funds, I do however know that I am getting older and I should enjoy my life and time even thought it when I am at work! ! ! ! ! !
Meaning,
I will get paid to drive the TW one day a week ! !
Heres the pic of the "Potato Chip"
Sincerely
Peter B View attachment 28566
Brother, there's no shame in that. No shame at all. I know what you mean. Just looking at a T-Dub makes me smile. More than any bike I've ever owned. Heck, I'm smiling now just looking at your photo here. Smile, smile, smile.

Hey, send us photos of the bike out on the roads and such where you work.

Reactions: jtomelliott49
#13 ·
Hey if you can rationalize the two TW's so can we. I keep a bicycle stored in Ill even tho I live in NM (where I have about 7 bikes for different purposes). I often thought about doing the same with an extra TW but I decided I didn't really want to spend that much time in Ill. Although getting away from my sister-in-law for short periods during visits back there would be worth the price of the TW hands down.
He is richest whose wants are least and being happy with inexpensive bikes (pedal or otherwise) makes me able to afford several when and where I choose. Congatulations. Tom

#14 ·
Makes perfect sense to me. But then we have 5 TW's. 2 stored in random cities out west (currently Salt Lake), 2 here in Rhode Island, and a loaner bike. And I shop craigslist. Go figure.

#20 ·
I was able to take the Phila bike out yesterday at lunch time and had fun for 15 minutes,
Were expecting snow this weekend and aside, The bike is at work for the time being but my Buell is here at the house,
Its a tough life living on two sides of the state,
But at least I have a TW on each side to play with and a loving wife on the West side,
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.