Tw knock off comming to town
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Tw knock off comming to town

Tw knock off comming to town

Was bored one day reading reviews about other bikes (shhhh never tell my tw), motivated by wanting about an extra 2 or 3 foot pounds of torxies, and came across a glowing review from a reputable motorcycle magazine about a Chinese 250cc liquid cooled bike called rx3 from csc motorcycles. The bike costs about $3500 and seems pretty capable (It is possible that glowing reviews from reputable motor cycle magazines can, like anything else, be had for the right price). But that's not my point, my point is they have this other bike that looks to me to be a knock off of the tw200, only with about 3 extra foot pounds of torque bigger tank, rear disk brakes about 225 cc and I think it's $1800 new? Wtf! And the specs and design are very close to tw. Where can I learn mandarin lol

TT250 - CSC Motorcycles - Bikes

Sounds healthy. And for $1800 how can you go wrong?

Wait for some used ones to come on the market. They will probably be really cheap.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

You'll get what you pay for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I can see the rear brake, master cylinder disappearing after the first hit with a rock or log
    Last edited by grewen; 04-05-2016 at 11:34 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

A couple members have bought bikes from CSC and so far have been impressed by them. Maybe they will chime in and give a few comments. Apparently, China has come a long way with quality control and these bikes are a pretty good deal for what folks pay for them. Dependability seems to be way up from what they used to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by vysion View Post
    Was bored one day reading reviews about other bikes (shhhh never tell my tw), motivated by wanting about an extra 2 or 3 foot pounds of torxies, and came across a glowing review from a reputable motorcycle magazine about a Chinese 250cc liquid cooled bike called rx3 from csc motorcycles. The bike costs about $3500 and seems pretty capable (It is possible that glowing reviews from reputable motor cycle magazines can, like anything else, be had for the right price). But that's not my point, my point is they have this other bike that looks to me to be a knock off of the tw200, only with about 3 extra foot pounds of torque bigger tank, rear disk brakes about 225 cc and I think it's $1800 new? Wtf! And the specs and design are very close to tw. Where can I learn mandarin lol

TT250 - CSC Motorcycles - Bikes
    Fred, elime, Dryden-Tdub and 1 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

When I saw those bikes I watched the video, bought their 5,000 miles at 8,000 rpm book and even called the owner and came so close to giving him my credit card
    so I could own one.

Then.......I thought of my good friends at three dealerships who will not repair this bike and will not be all that happy that I spent a bit less and got so much less buying a "shipped to your door"
    kind of bike.
    Will this become the trend of the future? Sadly yes.

I'm not unhappy with China offering a good solid product, more power to them. I wish they would pay their people competitive wages and that the government would not supply all of the raw materials at cost which causes the over all profits to be greatly lower giving them a huge edge in competition over anything American.
    I love the Chinese people and host many in my home. I want them to do well. However, I want us in this nation to do very well and make quality products that are not taking a dump 100 miles into being used on the streets as so many of their crappy scooters have done.

On and On I can go.

The TW is made perhaps with many countries and hands and nationalities (can I still say that?) but it has good quality controls from a very good company that makes awesome Saxophones, Piano's and low and behold crazy cool motorcycles. Do I trust Honda, Yamaha, even Suzuki and Kawasaki? You bet. Why? Because they have a name and take great pride and honor in that name.

Quality goes in before the names goes on. So, these CSC bikes need to prove themselves over 5 years. When they do, then we can talk. Until then I'm not sold.

We need to see years of service and proven reliability and parts availability before we can judge the company and product.

What I'm always worried about is more crap being dumped into landfills of parts and components that cannot be repaired. We have that epidemic now in America with cheap junk from other poor nations being sent here that kills U.S. jobs and manufacturing plants like mine and those much larger that I service. This is stupid. We've purchased items from Walmart that end up in landfills.

Why not buy quality and service it for decades instead of buying something cheap with no long term dealer network, parts or service and nothing you can sell or hand down to your children or beyond?

Tell me one of these will be sold at auction in 50 years for $20,000.00 due to their heritage and importance to our riding history and then I'll smile. I'll bet it won't happen.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Under $2300 delivered to my door. WOW.

There is Good China and then there is Bad China - I wonder which way these go?

That adventure looks SWEET!
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Member Spud has over 70,000 miles on his. That says something. I thought about it too, but same as you, need more time to evaluate. Plus, I probably have the last two bikes I'll ever own. A Vee and a Trailway. Kinda the best of both worlds for an old geezer like me.
    T-Dub Ken, Dubster, Byron and 1 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Member Spud has over 70,000 miles on his. That says something. I thought about it too, but same as you, need more time to evaluate. Plus, I probably have the last two bikes I'll ever own. A Vee and a Trailway. Kinda the best of both worlds for an old geezer like me.
    I'm just real loyal to my local dealers. All of them are owners who are my age, 55 and we just get along real well.

If I buy one of these it won't meet with their approval and I'm just too brand loyal I guess.

I have four dealers, HD, Kaw, Yamaha (also my Victory dealer and a BMW as well) and a Moto Guzzi which is my newest friend.

I'm just loyal. More than worried about saving a dime.

For that matter I don't want an adventure bike. The TW I own will not get dirty, I abhor dirt on my bikes. I hate riding on gravel and other than clean
    sand and water passes on the TW I will not ride ATV's or dirt any longer unless my son gets back into it but he's 20 and in college of engineering
    which keeps him so busy his new HD Softail Slim sits more than he rides it. In fact I ride it about as much. that means by the time he's ready to really
    go dirt riding again I may not be included if you know what i mean? Friends his age.

The adventure bike with a 250cc is nice for some but not most. It's price is great for new riders providing you can wrench on it yourself and most cannot do that now.
    Most younger riders have no clue what a wrench is. Failure to launch I guess.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

littletommy 70K on one of those screamers? Wow! At 8,000rpm's that's a screaming bike. I don't know.

I rode that new Victory Octane 1200 on Saturday. Crazy fast bike and stupid light weight. Priced at $10,500.00 it will eat Harley's on torque, HP and price too!

For me though I do not see the CSC bike as a knock off to a TW. Not at all. There is no comparison to a TW. NONE. That rear wheel and tire alone makes our TW so super
    special there is nothing like it and perhaps never will be.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot