Anyone using the Enduro Daytripper Saddle Bags from Wolfman?
Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnJohn
  • 2 Post By JohnJohn
  • 1 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick
  • 1 Post By JohnJohn
  • 2 Post By peruano

Thread: Anyone using the Enduro Daytripper Saddle Bags from Wolfman?

Anyone using the Enduro Daytripper Saddle Bags from Wolfman?

Anyone using the Enduro Daytripper Saddle Bags from Wolfman on their TW200? If so would you mind posting pic?

Enduro Daytripper Saddle Bags - Motorcycle Luggage by Wolfman | Wolfman Luggage

I'm wondering if they get too close to the muffler. I'm probably picking up the Manrack with Rotplax bracket to go behind them.

Welcome to ManRacks

Thanks
    *WARNING Newbie Post Above

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Those bags look tiny! Gloves, a box of raisins, a bag of nuts, an oat bar, a leatherman and a couple of maps... not a lot to fill a bag. Are you sure it will be enough for your needs?
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    Those bags look tiny! Gloves, a box of raisins, a bag of nuts, an oat bar, a leatherman and a couple of maps... not a lot to fill a bag. Are you sure it will be enough for your needs?
    I think so, mostly tools.

The Manrack with the Rotopax gives me some flexibility when I need fuel, etc. I probably would not be searching for bags if Rotopax made a "Storage Box" that was smaller than 1 gallon. The thing looks giant on there. I like a clean look.

2c6284_72a254b126314ffed807bab31048880f.jpg
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

FYI Mike and Manracks is great. This TW200 forum members got 20% off. I ordered two racks and two sets of tie down hooks.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

I ended up getting two Wolfman Small Rolie bags. I will mount them together laying in their sides, each with buckles facing out. (like and old married couple sleeping with their backs to each other)

On the extra buckle loops I will mount two fuel bottle holders with MSR 30L bottles in them. All that mounted to the ManRack.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I have the Manracks with Rotopax mount. Goes on perfectly in 5 minutes. I love Wolfman products. I have the enduro bag and fenderbag secured with grommets to front fender. Those bags are a lot of money for a little bag. I bought Maddog bags from Sears made by Coleman. $45.00 shipped. I put some Nomex on the pipe side bag and then header wrap over that then put header wrap on the muffler then put a 45 degree 3/4 inch copper fitting over the exhaust. Lots of room in the bags. Lots of fun on the install.
    IMG_20160403_105906_707.jpgIMG_20160402_121352_874.jpg IMG_20160403_110006_010.jpg

Also, seldom do I need the Rotopax can. The Rotopax mount works with 1/4-20 hardware. - I drilled matching holes in a T-bag shuttle bag and it mounts up really nice to the Rotopax mounting holes in the Manrack.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-08-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

The main reason I spent the extra on Wolfman, is they are a Colorado company, and so am I. Searching the muffler wrap right now, as I feel that as things progress I will probably want more space.
    Last edited by JohnJohn; 04-09-2016 at 05:14 AM.
    cpit likes this.

If I saw this thread sooner I would have recommended the Wolfman tank panniers, since you're looking to store small items. In case anyone else is pondering a small-item storage solution, I chose the Wolfman tank panniers because:

- I wanted to keep weight in the triangle (defined by handlebars -> footpeg -> rider)
    - It's easily accessible for snacks, first aid, maps, devices, and basic tools
    - Gives me more room on the rear rack for the things that need to be there (bulky items)
    - It somewhat hides the fact I have a translucent plastic gas tank, in case I drive by a cop having a bad day
    - USA! USA!

The panniers are half the price of the day tripper bags too.
    Wolfman Tank Panniers - RevZilla

BUT, I'm sure the bags you bought will be awesome!

Your muffler wrap is ingeneous and probably will work fine. I'd suspect that it will make the muffler stay hotter (would that make the exhaust emitted hotter? or lead to premature failure of muffler, or cause engine to verheat easer or run hotter?. My apologies for anyone who has seen previous posts related to the brackets I built to hold my saddlebags away from the muffler. They could be much more flimsy than I built them. They support no weight except for the lateral pressure to keep the bag out from the muffler.
    They were built out of square steel tubing. Importantly I attached them to the frame (and pax footpeg bracket) rather than the flimsy frame extension that extends beyond the main fram. I had a similar one on the left side, but should point out that its not identical because I appears the pax pegs are not symmetrically placed on the right and left sides.
    BTW I have bags on my Kawa EN500 which are quite close to the muffler (.75 to 1" away) and have had no heat problems on the bags so maybe we are worrying about nothing. However based on burns we have all suffered on ankles and legs, mufflers do get hot. You have a slick bike coming along and are solving luggage and gas issues in ways totally different from me, but in equally efficient ways. Tom
    admiral and cpit like this.
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    Thanks for the good words. If I were in New Mexico as opposed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I would be more mindful of overheating. Nice job on the brackets. I thought of doing brackets, but as you can tell I have PTSD from my streetbike years, I overly paranoid of the heat from the pipes. Even with brackets I probably would have wrapped the muffler. If there becomes an issue, I know I can unravel it and the sides of the bags are still protected. Ironically the Nomex and header wrap were more expensive than the bags...shipped. MBW

Sponosred Links