Potential Buy 2004
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Potential Buy 2004

  1. #1
    Junior Member Melyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11

    Potential Buy 2004

    The Yamaha TW200 has been one of my favorite bikes and recently I've come across a 2004 for sale. Best looking and best price (most are ridiculously high) of any other one I've seen. They are asking $2300. They're price is $700 more than what KBB says, not sure if they'll negotiate but I would like to take a shot at it. I'd love to hear what you guys think. This would be my first bike and I plan to drive back roads, no major highways. I do want to modify it as well so I'm open for suggestions to make it better for the road.
    Thanks!!

    tw200.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member pred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philadelphia and Pittsburgh pa
    Posts
    545
    How many miles on it?

  3. #3
    Junior Member Melyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11
    2876 miles

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Melyssa View Post
    The Yamaha TW200 has been one of my favorite bikes and recently I've come across a 2004 for sale. Best looking and best price (most are ridiculously high) of any other one I've seen. They are asking $2300. They're price is $700 more than what KBB says, not sure if they'll negotiate but I would like to take a shot at it. I'd love to hear what you guys think. This would be my first bike and I plan to drive back roads, no major highways. I do want to modify it as well so I'm open for suggestions to make it better for the road.
    Thanks!!

    tw200.jpg
    How many miles? Does it look as clean in person as the photo? No mods done to it that I saw so probably an around town bike. Offer $1800 if the miles are reasonable and walk away if not. Patience is your friend since you will be modding it anyways.


    Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Melyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11
    I've been incredibly patient.....for years....I saw this one for sale and fell in love. I haven't seen it in person yet, going on Friday if it is still available. just curious why you say walk away if they don't take $1800?

  7. #6
    Senior Member pred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philadelphia and Pittsburgh pa
    Posts
    545
    Ive been searching for a while and if its all good, Clean and does not need a new chain or tires I think asking $2300 it will sell to someone,
    I would offer $2000 and be happy,
    While they do show up relatively often, They will sell at $2300 often as well.
    Just my 2c
    Peter

  8. #7
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Melyssa View Post
    I've been incredibly patient.....for years....I saw this one for sale and fell in love. I haven't seen it in person yet, going on Friday if it is still available. just curious why you say walk away if they don't take $1800?
    When I was typing my post I did not know the mileage of the bike. Secondly if the seller is asking $2300 he does NOT expect to get $2300 so $1800 is a fair starting point. The "walk away" is part gamesmanship part business savvy. You will drop $200 dollars in new rubber front and back and that is IF you mount and balance the tires yourself. Chain, sprockets, oil change, new fork oil and brake fluid etc etc. My goal would be to acquire that bike plus bring it up to speed for about $2400. Your needs and desires are your own so mine is only a suggestion. I wish you luck either way


    Tom
    TWilight and GaryL like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  9. #8
    Junior Member Melyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11
    I found this 2001 tw as well. listed price is $1950 has 2,999 miles, have not yet seen it in person but plan to soon. any idea what to offer this seller if bike is a good buy?
    2001200.jpg

  10. #9
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Melyssa View Post
    I found this 2001 tw as well. listed price is $1950 has 2,999 miles, have not yet seen it in person but plan to soon. any idea what to offer this seller if bike is a good buy?
    2001200.jpg
    $1500 cash in hand. Will still probably need all the same work I listed above and you can use the work I listed above as a reason for your offer.


    Tom
    TWilight likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Melyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    When I was typing my post I did not know the mileage of the bike. Secondly if the seller is asking $2300 he does NOT expect to get $2300 so $1800 is a fair starting point. The "walk away" is part gamesmanship part business savvy. You will drop $200 dollars in new rubber front and back and that is IF you mount and balance the tires yourself. Chain, sprockets, oil change, new fork oil and brake fluid etc etc. My goal would be to acquire that bike plus bring it up to speed for about $2400. Your needs and desires are your own so mine is only a suggestion. I wish you luck either way


    Tom
    I definitely appreciate your suggestion since I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing haha. trust me I would never pay asking price, I've just been told many different things about the tw when it comes to pricing that I wanted to get as many opinions as I could so I could offer a fair/good price and know I didn't get screwed. good thing I have 2 motorcycle mechanic friends that will help me do whatever needs to be done and teach me along the way.
    TWilight likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Potential TW purchase
    By Ben58 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 11:22 AM
  2. Potential buyer here - question about cosmetics
    By RedHotFuzz in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 08:47 PM
  3. New potential TW owner. Few Questions.
    By Tinybear in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 07:06 PM
  4. Potential TW200 owner
    By Bulldog44 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 06:34 PM
  5. Potential avatar for unspecified member
    By peruano in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM