riding pants
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: riding pants

riding pants

I am looking to buy a good pair of riding pants what do I need to look for and what is a good price. my Levis are ok but not as cool. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allen in utah View Post
    I am looking to buy a good pair of riding pants what do I need to look for and what is a good price. my Levis are ok but not as cool. Thanks
    Ive always worn thor riding pants. They hold up well and are fairly inexpensive. Make sure they come with hip pads and a little extra room in the knees for pads. I truly think most brands are the same just different color patterns. Oh and if possible try them on first. It seems sizing is a little different between manufactures.

What type of riding are you doing? Street? Dirt? Something in between?

On the dirt, I wear thick dirt riding pants with pads all over, since it's not a matter of if, but when I go down.

On the street in hot weather, I wear dainese riding jeans. They look like regular jeans, but are kevlar-reinforced at the knees and butt.

On the street in cold weather, or when raining, I wear dainese all-weather waterproof insulated pants with built in knee pads.

Buying them

For dirt pants, used is fine. They don't need to be pretty and they don't need to be new. You can get a good used pair for anywhere between $10 and $50. Look on craigslist and try them on. Or, get a cheap pair from the store if you want.

Street pants - you should probably get new if you're going to wear them on a daily basis and out in public, unless you want leathers or something expensive, but given you're on the TW forum, I highly doubt that's the case. I got my riding jeans for ~$100. Fit is tough, so either try them on in the store, or order multiple from revzilla or similar and return the ones that don't fit.

Don't go overkill money-wise. Start with something simple and inexpensive and over time you'll know what features you're missing, e.g. insulation, water-proof, pockets, etc., then get another pair. It was some time before I knew exactly what I wanted in a pair of all-weather pants - same with jackets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Street and dirt , I wear Motoport, alittle pricey, but well worth it. Call Wayne at motoport and speak with him .

Thanks I am mainly going to ride single tracks and forest roads. not much pavement.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I was also contemplating riding with no pants. That is why I header wrapped my entire exhaust. MBW

It depends on how far I'm riding and how knarly the adventure will be, but as my street riding gear gets worn out, sometimes it get's relegated to dirt riding /TW status.
    My aerostich Darien pants definitely do. I've already more then gotten my money's worth out them, they're in ok shape, just not waterproof enough for long trips.
    Anyhow, those are the pants I like to wear on anything that's longer then a short trip..

RicklesssS in Oregon

.....what do I need to look for ....
    Have a look at Olympia Motosports mesh wear for hot weather riding. Olympia Airglide 3 Pants - RevZilla
    Good from about 50 to about 100 degrees. I love them.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I wear Alpinestars leather pants with hip and knee pads because of injuries to my hips. That's probably over the top for most people but I highly recommend whatever you get they have hip padding.

Thanks I am mainly going to ride single tracks and forest roads. not much pavement.
    I suppose you missed it , they are great for dirt also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links