100 mpg
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 100 mpg

100 mpg

Not that I care a whole lot, just kinda fun to see the number. Less than 300 miles on the new bike, speeds less than 40-45, premium gas (because that's what I had in the jerry can for RV towing). Ran 81 miles then filled at the pump (this time with regular) and it held approx .81 gallons. Pilot screw 2 turns out, otherwise all stock jets/settings.

Obviously you haven't added enough farkles yet! Put another 50 lbs. on her and you will have a Fat Betty! ......and probably be happy with 75 mpg.
    grewen, TWilight and immgunn like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
    Ran 81 miles then filled at the pump (this time with regular) and it held approx .81 gallons.
    See if you can do it 2 times.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Riding on dirt/mud roads and paved country lanes, 35-40 mph- my last two "fill ups". 0.8 gal for 65 miles & 0.5 gal for 42 miles. Approx 82 mpg, with middle grade fuel. My perception is it runs better with middle grade, compared to regular and premium offers no benefit over middle. Have not tried an alcohol free gas, yet.
    TWilight and littletommy like this.
    Ride long & prosper

Quote Originally Posted by martianone View Post
    ..... Have not tried an alcohol free gas, yet.
    That will increase your mileage slightly since it has more BTU's per gallon than E10. Maybe around 5%, but this can be masked by many other factors. The real reason to use Non Ethanol gas is that it eliminates the problem of gummed up carbs and tanks and water corrosion from sitting too long, say over three months. Up at higher altitudes the effect is more obvious, so I use it whenever I can get it for riding between 5,000 and 10,000 feet. BTW, 82 mpg is excellent, not many of us get that high. Hard to go 40 on a 65 mph highway!
    admiral likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

You folks that get that kind of mileage must be featherweights. I get around 60, flat level and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    You folks that get that kind of mileage must be featherweights. I get around 60, flat level and easy.
    I got about 70 with my TW...riding it...like...

...an old man.

...which I guess is what I am, now...

On every TW I have owned I can set the trip meter to zero at every fill up and right around 80 miles I expect to flip to reserve. I think if I was on a very mild run of mostly flat and steady under 40 MPH I could stretch it out some but with the stop and go I do and the hills and mountain trails I hit I am very happy with 100 miles per tank full.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Max Speed

When I ride at max speed I am only getting 40 miles per tank on a 2014... What is the regular/average speed of anyone getting 70+ miles per tank?

Welcome to the forum!!

Bro, I don't know what is wrong with your bike, but I have a hard time believing you only get 40 miles a tankful no matter what speed you are traveling at... Somethings not right in my opinion. I've never heard of such bad mileage on a TW on this forum.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links