20160421_151707.jpg
    Put a few miles on Thursday
    Today we put 90 miles on mostly dirt roads and four wheeler trails
    20160423_133854.jpg
    Lots of incredible views in Virginia
    20160423_162244.jpg
    Absolutely love our new TDUBS

EXCELLENT.

The TW is, as discussed many times, the ideal ride for an older rider. Or a small female rider. Or a new rider. For ANYONE who doesn't have anything to prove; who's just out there to enjoy the ride.

Good way to get your father out of the house and enjoying life. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    EXCELLENT.

The TW is, as discussed many times, the ideal ride for an older rider. Or a small female rider. Or a new rider. For ANYONE who doesn't have anything to prove; who's just out there to enjoy the ride.

Good way to get your father out of the house and enjoying life. Seriously.
    Well Said! My wife and I definitely fall into this discription and was one of the major determining factors in getting our Tdubs(not to mention the rugged fat tire look!) IMHO, one of the best, no regrets purchases I've ever made! With an aging body & dealing with old injuries, riding moto-x & fast trails is a thing of the past. However, the Tdub enables me to enjoy & continue to engage in a little trail riding from time to time. ....... and the beauty of it at the same time is, I can just hop on it and ride directly to & from(no need pack/load the truck or trailer)

Anyways, a "BIG" congratulations 2x on the 2016's Now, go out & have fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

How did you get those bikes to sit there going down that steep of a hill? Just kidding and I have a hard time getting some pics in the correct orientation too.

Real nice to hear you are riding with your dad and both on the same bikes. Spend some time in the Tech section and watch for the normal pitfalls many who have gone before you have had. You want to make absolutely certain you or the dealer always use the exact correct oil filters in each bike. Keep the chains clean, oiled and adjusted and just go have some fun.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Where in Forestburgh do you live? I lived on plank rd by the swimming hole. Graduated from Monticello HS.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledmelon View Post
    Where in Forestburgh do you live? I lived on plank rd by the swimming hole. Graduated from Monticello HS.
    Oakland Valley Road just down from the 42 blinker light and 4 miles from Plank road and Rio. I would have graduated from Monticello in 1970 but in 10th grade we moved from Wurtsboro down 209 toward Summitville and I had to transfer to Ellenville.

Will send you a PM with some details.

GaryL
    Ledmelon and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

90 miles.....and have you done the first oil change yet? Whatever you do DO NOT replace the oil filter!!!!!! Just clean it in kerosene and you will avoid the dreaded wrong oil filter in the right box syndrome. And don't freak out at the amount of metal on the filter....that is why we recommend several changes in the first 600 miles.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    90 miles.....and have you done the first oil change yet? Whatever you do DO NOT replace the oil filter!!!!!! Just clean it in kerosene and you will avoid the dreaded wrong oil filter in the right box syndrome. And don't freak out at the amount of metal on the filter....that is why we recommend several changes in the first 600 miles.
    I would disagree with that. The first oil AND FILTER change is the most important.

All the manufacturing shavings and crud are washed out with that one. And, before the oil change, where do they go? The filter.

Which, IIRC, is paper. If it's not washed out, it will clog and then the bypass will just circulate unfiltered oil. If it is, the paper element will be compromised.

What the owner needs to do, is be DOUBLY SURE the filter is THE right one - IDENTICAL to the filter that came out; and installed with the right end going in (another common blooper) And then...remember, I had some problems with this. Open the bleed screw at the top of the engine, after the change is done, to verify that oil IS being pumped up there. Most people don't bother; and I did over-tighten it and nearly strip it out...but that's the way to be doubly-sure.

Get a good small torque wrench that measures inch-pounds and get the proper torque values. But, I'd change that filter and verify that oil's flowing, and then it's all good.
    Ledmelon likes this.

Ledmelon likes this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I would disagree with that. The first oil AND FILTER change is the most important.

All the manufacturing shavings and crud are washed out with that one. And, before the oil change, where do they go? The filter.

Which, IIRC, is paper. If it's not washed out, it will clog and then the bypass will just circulate unfiltered oil. If it is, the paper element will be compromised.

What the owner needs to do, is be DOUBLY SURE the filter is THE right one - IDENTICAL to the filter that came out; and installed with the right end going in (another common blooper) And then...remember, I had some problems with this. Open the bleed screw at the top of the engine, after the change is done, to verify that oil IS being pumped up there. Most people don't bother; and I did over-tighten it and nearly strip it out...but that's the way to be doubly-sure.

Get a good small torque wrench that measures inch-pounds and get the proper torque values. But, I'd change that filter and verify that oil's flowing, and then it's all good.
    Well, Disagree if you like but the original oil filters that came on most TWs is in fact a very fine metal screened affair with no paper and an easily washable/reusable filter and NOT a pleated paper type which I would toss out. I am not sure if when you buy a new OEM filter direct from Yamaha if you can even get the original type but I would certainly want that exact one when I do get a bug up my rear to replace it rather than just clean it.

GaryL
    Ledmelon, wolfy and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links