• 1 Post By TW-Brian
  • 3 Post By LuvNot
  • 1 Post By JustPassinThru
  • 1 Post By Philjr
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Philjr

Thread: Sure is rough ridin'

Sure is rough ridin'

I shoulda got a rebel or something. Anyway to soften up the ride for street use, which is mainly what i do. Couldnt pass up the deal 2013 with 400 miles for 3300.00

It is what it is cheap old school on off road bike no frills an comfort was not a issue when it was built and designed. Besides they are really built for small Asian folk not us Americans

What tire pressure are you running? Reducing the pressure some may soften the ride a bit.

You could swap the stock knobby tires for some more street oriented tires.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Grab a new Seat Concepts replacement cushion from our own PacerLoader. Best money you'll spend to make that seat comfortable!!!
    littletommy, goldenhtr and Darth like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Philjr View Post
    I shoulda got a rebel or something. Anyway to soften up the ride for street use, which is mainly what i do. Couldnt pass up the deal 2013 with 400 miles for 3300.00
    You've got something amiss. I got back into riding with a Virago 250...a mite too small for me...but the TW fit, and was more comfortable; and had better springing action.

Did the previous owner set it up with a heavier-duty suspension? Are your tires overinflated? Remember, it's an "enduro" and as such, it's lighter and will not ride as smooth as most road bikes. But you should have springing action - and you really should be more comfortable than with a Rebel or other 5/8 scale street cruiser.
    ejfranz likes this.

Lowered presure to 16 front and rear. A little better. Speed bumps be damned. Just stand up. Gravel road s kinda scare me. 25 mph max. Slipping and sliding. Do i have anything to worry about or am i just a newbie?
    littletommy likes this.

Go lower on the air on the gravel if you don't want to slip and slide. When you finally get the air pressure's figured out, it's almost like your bike is glued to the earth... well, almost.
    Jon62602 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks. Ill try that.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philjr View Post
    ... Gravel roads kinda scare me. 25 mph max. Slipping and sliding. Do i have anything to worry about or am i just a newbie?
    Yes, if you have the stock Death Wing you should be very careful on gravel. Switching to a Shinko 241 4.00/18 will make a world of difference on gravel. In the meantime going down to 12 psi in the front and 14 psi on the rear in the dirt will help. I went through exactly the issues you relate before I changed front tires. Now, with a lot more experience and a 241 up front 35-40 on gravel is comfortable. Pressures with the new tires are still best at 12/14.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links