air pressure
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: air pressure

air pressure

how much do the air pressure make. I have a duro on the back and a kenda 270 on front. the bike is kinda squirrely. I think that I am running 18 pounds in both. do I need to go up in pressure or down. or just get use to it. Thanks Allen

On the pavement raise the pressure of the Duro and drop it for the gravel / sand.
    The front tire no idea - I hate that tire. Go with the trial tire up front and again more pressure when on pavement and low 8 - 10 psi off road.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I have a Heidenau on the front and ride the pavement 98% of the time and run 30 psi. Stock rear tire with 25 psi.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by allen in utah View Post
    how much do the air pressure make. I have a duro on the back and a kenda 270 on front. the bike is kinda squirrely. I think that I am running 18 pounds in both. do I need to go up in pressure or down. or just get use to it. Thanks Allen

(Experiment with psi's.) To get you started, try about 20 psi. in both tires for pavement and about 10-12 psi. for off-road. (Experiment with psi's). Typically you'll have better traction off-road with lower psi. as the tires will grip the dirt, hard-pack dirt better as well as roll over rocks rather than bounce over them. (Experiment with psi's). In sand you can go lower. Higher psi. will provide better traction on pavement as well as better fuel mileage. If I haven't mentioned it yet, experiment with psi's. ...a lot...and then more with different air pressures and find what YOU like and feels comfortable for YOU! (Experiment with psi's.)
    Mel, littletommy, Darth and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

22 front, 25 rear, but I'm a fat boy and ride nearly all the time on the street.
    JohnJohn and elime like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I would try to determine what is, and eliminate, the source of the "Squirrelly" sensation first before settling on any of our recommended tire air pressures. Vary air pressure in only one tire at a time until a positive response is noted. If no improvement then problem is obviously not pressure.
    elime and ejfranz like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by allen in utah View Post
    The Kendra 270 looks the same as the Shinko Goldenboy. I had the GoldenBoy and hated it from day one. it's unsafe, squirrely, and I would NEVER own another one. Get the Trail tire and that Squirrel will be gone
    Last edited by TopPredator; 04-28-2016 at 03:50 PM.
    ejfranz likes this.

??? I had a Kenda 270 on the front for around 8,000 miles and never considered it squirrely. I liked it a LOT over the OEM Death Wing. But I do agree that currently the Shinko 241 may be the best choice for the majority of us if some decent pavement performance is needed vs. the best deep sand and dirt and mud performance, which would be more like the Kenda 760.
    littletommy and 1911garand like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

air pressure was the key. went and put 20 lbs in both tires. went for a ride the squirreliness went away but rode rough. then took 2lbs out of each tire and now in is not to bad. this I can live with. Thanks to everyone. Allen
    admiral and TWilight like this.

18 and 18 would be the right air pressures for a regularly sized person under 200 lbs for street riding. Not sure on the Duro though. Off road, go much lower on the air pressures. When you get it dialed in just right, it is almost like your bike is glued to the earth, almost...ha ha
    ejfranz and putt-putt like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links