Not sure if i should
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Not sure if i should

Not sure if i should

I have the opp to trade my TW in on a new KLR 650 and only loose 500 bucks doing so would you do it?
    T-Dub Ken likes this.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. How bad do you want it ???????? Heck of a good deal..You going with a private party or Zeiglers ?????????Have you ever gone to the vintage bike show at Gilmores ? If not, you should try and go.. This year it's june 12th..OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyrevs View Post
    I have the opp to trade my TW in on a new KLR 650 and only loose 500 bucks doing so would you do it?
    You will regret letting that nice TW go someday. Keep it and also buy an KLR if you feel you need it.

If you let go of the TW, we'll see you back here in a year or two, happens all the time. It's an often told old story here Dan.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Dan, they are such different motorcycles (I've had both), I'd say it depends more on what you want/need.
    They're both just tools for different jobs.
    Both great motorcycles....
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Dan, they are such different motorcycles (I've had both), I'd say it depends more on what you want/need.
    They're both just tools for different jobs.
    Both great motorcycles....
    My stupid motorcycle work buddies want to go on all day rides and currently I hesitate to ride with them because I feel with my fat ass 300 lb body my TW will stand no chance of keeping up with that pack of A holes on their Ninja 250's I have had my bike since Feb this year and just recently IMO it has started to get nice enough to get it out. I have to get my permit so I can learn by riding with these guys Just wondering If I would have more "fun" riding with street bikes on the bigger KLR. I really have no experience riding on the street this TW is my first bike in over 25 years and I am 39 if that tells you anything about my riding. I tool around with my TW on my land and have gotten practice turning and riding I have no problem with it. I am just worked up in my head that my TW would never hang with the sport bikes pointless to try to ride with them if anything I will be having fun reving out the TW and they will be bored going slow on my accord lol maybe I should just keep it!

A KLR isn't going to hang with the sportbikes (even the smaller ones) either. I kinda hesitate to say anything not knowing your crew, but if they're a pack of A-holes do you really even want to be associated with them? Ride your own ride.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

I have both, a 2010 TW and a 2015 KLR. Like a poster above said, they're two different bikes for two different jobs. Sure, they're both "dual sport" but the TW is a million times easier to ride and is much more fun and capable off road. However, the KLR can hit 85mph AND do some moderate off roading. If the TW could maintain highway speeds easily then I probably wouldn't have the KLR. As you're discovering, the TW just isn't practical if you have friends that wanna ride (unless they have a TW or a Vespa). It's just not fast enough. If you can swing it, I'd get both. Check out some other online forums and really research the KLR before you take the plunge. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep'em both, I did.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Depends on your taste....650s regardless of which model are IMO basically Street Vehicles....some will disagree. But, and once again, depends on your taste...if you are only spending $500 extra, that seems on paper to be one Hell of a bargin!
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I have both and I got to say if I could only have one I would make it the klr.....I love my tw but for every day riding and commuting for me the klr wins hands down, off road works fine but no way on single track. I have only had my klr for a month or so now but now that I do I hardy ride the tw anymore.(like once in the last month) but I am not getting rid of the tw ever
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links