A last thought before I go to bed...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: A last thought before I go to bed...

A last thought before I go to bed...

So tonight I was riding home from work, it is a little after 10 and it is chilly and there is moisture in the air. I really don't "think" when I ride. I am too busy watching and observing people driving or walking (especially when I am near the wine bars on my route home.) My Brain is not spinning with thoughts of work, or the things I need to get done before my military weekend. I am more concerned with how the guy at the red light thinks he can be through the right turn he is making, to which he is wrong. Or the woman who is a little tipsy and walking before the light says it is safe to.
    And I have one pure thought... I am truly happy. I work in a potentially depressing place. I have too much to do at home, but I love the ride. It really doesn't matter whether it is on the hardball or in the dirt. I don't want or need some brute of a bike. In some ways the simplicity of the TW is exactly what I need. A kind of therapy that cleans the grime of the job away. Or the never ending list that for that time while I ride that just disappears. So for my last thought before I go to bed is this, without the needed luxury of a motorcycle how was I this happy before. I know that I was not sad because my general nature is a fun loving guy. It was not as if I didn't have the most loving and kind wife (Which I must say she is!) I simple would not have the ability to stop thinking about all those little details that weigh us down. So my friends, please sleep well and enjoy the ride.

Nice post Logan... Join the family and update your profile. Let us know the city and state where your from.
    littletommy likes this.

I've found riding to be the best cure for a headache and I don't have to search for the bottle.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Peace and love Brother. I know exactly what you are talking about. My Tdub is such a good friend. I'd say almost a "girl" friend because I think about it so much. And riding is pure pleasure.

^^^+1. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Riding and flying have that in common. It requires the use of your entire conscious brain to stay out of trouble. I can listen to music while riding, but I would NEVER agree to having a cellphone link in my helmet. This is why getting back into riding after retiring and selling the plane was such a natural progression....not to mention that it took 40 years off my age.
    ejfranz, TWilight, Xracer and 8 others like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I found I can not ride with out a smile of my face....I to love to ride and use it to just get away from it all, that is why I ride year round even in the rain. I find that if I don't get out at least a couple of time a week I start to feel a little off, for me I have been riding from age 5 on so I am not stopping any time soon.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

I began riding at age 45. My wife gave me 25K for our 25th wedding anniversary and it changed my life.

I own a manufacturing company with employees and I love every one of them. The trouble is there is a lot of stress in business ownership, always has been and always will be
    but how you handle that is key to survival.
    For me, I have many methods but the motorcycle has taught me something I never knew, never did know this, that it brings relaxation to the mind and body.

Thank you for your post. It reminds me again of why we ride.

There is a method to riding that brings us into a state of mind that is a form of tranquility. Especially if we are riding straight long roads that are just lazy.

Ride safe, and keep a clear head.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Last night I had to put down my thoughts... My brain never shuts off. I am always thinking about the next duty or the next mission or whatever my Wife needs me to do. The only time I can shut it down is when I ride. I sleep better even after a short run. I am glad that Yamaha makes the TW because I by God need the therapy.

Good reminder Logan that Moto-therapy is a very effective stress reliever.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links