Changes to forum management
Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree351Likes

Thread: Changes to forum management

Changes to forum management

My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired tw200forum.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on tw200forum.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

so we are now being further mined for our data and sold to the highest bidder?

will the forum stay basically ad free?

oh yeah, welcome to the forum.
    what year is your tdub?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post

what year is your tdub?
    I would not expect much to change unless you have a lot of suggestions for changes we can discuss.
    -Philip
    littletommy, WERA689 and TWilight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post

what year is your tdub?
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

As with all changes its best to keep an eye on who owns and has rights to what.

The acquisition of any web property is, at its root, usually for profit. These are the t&c's currently linked at the bottom of this forum.

Terms & Conditions

I wish the new owners the best of luck in their endeavor.

Do you ride???

VerticalScope acquired the WSF (World Sea Fishing) forum recently, and have taken it from being from a narcissistic place, to somewhere where once more a man can rest without fear of bullying, internal politics, or being shouted down by the ego of the previous moderators. (Mike Thrussell has done a lot of good work there).

(And relax - if WSF is anything to go by, Ad-block will still work just fine)

All I would say to ffsuper - is keep it as it is until you truly understand just why it works the way it is

We're a tight knit community of regulars on here, and for the large part - we have tended to look after our own up until now

To the rest of the forum - I will say this - think what you will, but we could have a lot worse than this happen to us - let's hope that if you give some trust - you get some trust, and I have every faith that VerticalScope is the least of our worries going by their track record ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    Do you ride???
    Me personally no. The story is long and silly but there is a plan in the works to get be on a bike soon.
    -Philip

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    As with all changes its best to keep an eye on who owns and has rights to what.

The acquisition of any web property is, at its root, usually for profit. These are the t&c's currently linked at the bottom of this forum.

Terms & Conditions

I wish the new owners the best of luck in their endeavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    Do you ride???
    This is our own TOS, if you have questions please let me know.
    VerticalScope.com
    -Philip
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

Talk is cheap, but hugs are free... TW's hug you every time you ride.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links