TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

What the TW has taught me these past 2 months !

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  pred 
#1 ·
Im 50, Grew up on a 1972 Honda CB 750 and when I was about 30 I didn't ride as much and sold off the old CB 750, "Yes I still miss it"
So fast forward, Im about 45 and i get back to my roots and start riding again,
I buy a nice 1975 BMW R75 and love my time in the saddle,
I then buy a sweet and powerful Buell M2 Cyclone which has been tuned and really puts the power down,
Ive been on the Buell for a few years and love it, LOTS of grunt and power, 1st gear sees 55 if wanted, Its not a fun bike under 40 Mph, But has tons of torque so 2nd is nice from 20 to 60 any day with no real delays.
Heres the Buell.
Before I got it it was Dyno'd at 100 Hp and 86 Ft Lbs,
1203 CC modified Harley Evo twin.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Yellow

LETS fast forward two more years and I have a nice small house 2 miles from woods and open forests in the Pittsburgh area and would love to get out and thru them since I also spent years mountain biking and doing off road tours thru the Pine Barrens of NJ, and I really want to get back into the woods,
Well after a lot of research I find I want a TW200 for my journey,
So I find one and start to enjoy the slower pace of the 200cc trail way motorcycle,
I ride thru the woods, Explore old fire roads and deer paths, Back to nature on a quiet easy to ride bike which all the fun in UNDER 40 Mph unlike the Buell.
I ride the TW a few days a week, Mostly off road, Sometimes on an errand thru the city and on windy country roads,
Ive learned that the TW200 has a firm place in my heart as a reminder of when times were simpler like when my and my teen friends would be in the woods building ramps and jumping bikes after school and on the weekends for hours on end.
Its a simple pleasure the TW brings back to my heart with simple clean fun ! ! !
This is a great forum and I love the TW for accepting me for who I am and is very willing to work with me and accept my abilities and oddities ! ! !
While the Buell is absolute THUNDER and is not willing to work with me and it can be quick to remind me who is the boss, The TW teaches me to ride the Buell a bit smoother and if I had to choose only one to keep,,,,,,,,,,
The Buell would be up for sale, "Please don't let the Buell know"
Heres my TW200
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Enduro

Ill be around here for a while racking up knowledge and miles on the TW forum and bike,
If anyone is in the PIttsburgh area, Ive found a few places to ride and many miles of single track and ATV trails.
If you want to meet up, Please PM me,!
I also have just about any tool you may want to use to do a repair,

This is a great forum ! ! !
Sincerely
Peter B

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice write up Pete!! A+ and a +1 ;)

#8 ·
I don't get it. The TW is not powerful, not suspended well, heavy wheel/tire combo, not technically advanced. Why do we love them so much? I love mine a ton. Maybe you're right, simplicity is key. Naw, it's those fat tires. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.