Any Ontario riders want to do a TW meet?
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Any Ontario riders want to do a TW meet?

Any Ontario riders want to do a TW meet?

I curious if there's any out there that would like to set up a meet and trail ride. I truck my TW up north a few times a year to do some trail riding (near perry sound) and also over to gopher dunes (closish to Woodstock area) a few times a year as well.

I don't ride the TW far on street as I have a big bike for that. But I just seeing if there is any interest in a Ontario Canadian meet up for some trail riding.
    littletommy likes this.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Greetings Tinybear......I would be interested in going to a TW ride......I am set up for trailering and camping so can travel......I am located in the Ottawa area but since this will be my first season I do not know the trail systems yet.......I hope we can generate some interest for a group outing this summer
    littletommy likes this.

Good to here Rav. Lots of trails once you get outa southern Ontario (probly a few out your way outa the city anyways). I'm sure we can all find a some what central local to most for a weekend getaway.

Im a slow novice off roader as I'm limited physically but this little TW continues to amaze me with its ability. A camp and ride would be ideal I think. My better half could join too as long as it's off road as she rides a ATV.
    littletommy likes this.

2010 Yamaha TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm in! Have nice trails up here but might be a bit far for some. I'm willing to travel.
    littletommy and Tinybear like this.

littletommy and Tinybear like this.

I was looking on the members map https://tw200forum.com/forum/dcMembermap.php Most of you are in Southern Ontario. Are there any actual trails down there? I would be willing to host a weekend up here. Everyone could drive up Friday and camp in my yard or crash in my house then head out Saturday morning for some awesome trails out to an abandoned mica mine with with a romp up highway 533 (Northern Ontarios "Tail of the Dragon") camp in the bush and ride back to North Bay for breakfast then you guys can "take off eh"
    Tinybear and littletommy like this.

There is not much in way of legal trails around here in south western Ontario short of pay to use small trails at the local track ($30 for the day). So it's more likely a better plan to head north up your way for some riding. Besides my TW might like visiting its old home lol. Personally I know if I leave work Friday I can get to the hotels right on Hwy 11 in northbay for around 9:00pm. Then ride Saturday and head home Sunday.

It would be nice if the trails were accessible for an ATV user as I'm sure my better half would love to join us on her ATV. But that's not always feasible and not too big a deal.

There is a trail system I have ridden a couple times now near perry sound (still not scratched the surface of the trail network there). The nice thing about that is you can camp right there on a beach. BUT it's only assessable by a very ruff road bordering on ruff trail (my bone stock Tacoma quad cab made in just fine). Also there are ZERO amenities there so it's ruffing it camping. It's an option but may not be ideal for some, I love the trails there but I also love a good shower and comfy bed so I'm open to all trail riding ideas.

All depends what everyone's interested in. I'm fine with most anything. As long as I don't need to ask that poor TW to drag my fat ass very quickly anywere. (And as long as I can get it running right again (Carb plugged up on me got to clean it out today. sure wish these things were fuel injected)
    Last edited by Tinybear; 05-14-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    littletommy likes this.

2010 Yamaha TW200

Here are pics of trail I was talking about. Takeen A few weeks ago

littletommy likes this.

2010 Yamaha TW200

Greetings....For me I don't mind travelling and I am O.K. with either staying at a motel or drive in camping (my van is set up for sleeping but it is not AWD so needs fairly simple access). I think planning day rides from our home base is probably the simplest way to organize or riding time. Keep the ideas coming.....let's do this
    littletommy, Peterb and Tinybear like this.

You guys make me jealous! I'm from near Stratford, and if I actually lived there right now, and actually owned a tdub THERE instead of HERE, I would love to do something like this and get to know a few Ontario Tdubbers!
    littletommy and Peterb like this.
    Zack

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links