Do You Wear Your Helmet All The Time Or Not???
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Do You Wear Your Helmet All The Time Or Not???

Thumbs up Do You Wear Your Helmet All The Time Or Not???

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I hope he can pull through.

Yes, I always wear a helmet and chest protector on motorcycles and ATVs / UTVs - saved me once.
    littletommy likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Always. Everywhere, even when riding in states that don't require them. I've hit the pavement twice, once sent there by a deer, another time by a pickup truck, both times, the front facial area of my (modular) full face helmet was destroyed, face shield and chin bar totally ground down by asphalt. I had other contact points too, but, my riding jackets and pants handled that.
    At no time in either accident did I have the time, or awareness about myself to think "oh, golly, I really was hit by that truck, I'd probably benefit by paying attention to my face's orientation to the pavement for the next few seconds". uh uh. split second "Oh Crap ! Then, in the ambulance, looking up at EMT's wondering which hospital they're taking me to. I heard about all the acrobatics and flying through the air from cops and witnesses, no recollection at all, so , sorry for the long tale, but, yup. Full coverage, every time.
    Hidden Content

Oregon, love the climate and riding, not so much the lefty politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Always. Everywhere, even when riding in states that don't require them. I've hit the pavement twice, once sent there by a deer, another time by a pickup truck, both times, the front facial area of my (modular) full face helmet was destroyed, face shield and chin bar totally ground down by asphalt. I had other contact points too, but, my riding jackets and pants handled that.
    At no time in either accident did I have the time, or awareness about myself to think "oh, golly, I really was hit by that truck, I'd probably benefit by paying attention to my face's orientation to the pavement for the next few seconds". uh uh. split second "Oh Crap ! Then, in the ambulance, looking up at EMT's wondering which hospital they're taking me to. I heard about all the acrobatics and flying through the air from cops and witnesses, no recollection at all, so , sorry for the long tale, but, yup. Full coverage, every time.
    Very real story; thanks for sharing that bro. +1
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Besides that...I'd really hate to add another member here to the list again on my signature... We've lost 3 now. And that's only the ones we know about.

Please be careful...

I won't even leave the driveway without my helmet. Been down a few times and have the scars on helmets to prove what they do to help keep you intact. I had to re-learn walking after one accident but my head was fine. Don't leave home without it folks!

yup used to stupid or proud for not wearing one.
    Good Lord was watching over me, Now I don't
    leave home without it.

I won't leave my driveway without a helmet either. The only time I will ride without a helmet is when I'm going to the potty 100 yds. away in a campground in first gear at 5 mph .....and even this isn't too smart given the fact that my worst head injury happened at a dead stop!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

as a kid I remember stopping between two trees (yes totally stopped feet down) and my boot slipped on a wet muddy tree root and I went down hitting my head on one of the trees so hard I could hardly believe it, thankfully I was wearing a helmet or I think it might have broke my very thick skull! after that it was never even a question it's helmet on every time
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

I always wear a helmet and after a little incident that happened today while riding with a friend my ATGATT rule is reinforced.

My friend/coworker and I decided to head off island to find motorcycle boots after our company meeting this afternoon. It started sprinkling so I asked her if she was okay or wanted to turn back since she isn't an avid rider. She said she has ridden in rain (last year with me) so she was good. Well, as we rounded a corner at a low speed, I heard a loud noise and as I glanced in my mirror, I saw her down on the pavement. She jumped right up and seemed in good spirits but her windscreen was broken so I thought we should just find a restaurant, let her get her composure, have a bite and ride on if her motorcycle was okay. Well, she was holding her shoulder and didn't think she could ride. Some nice folks that jumped out to help called 911 and when the paramedics came, they looked at her leg and decided she needed stitches. I called her husband then followed the ambulance to the ER. They did x-rays of her shoulder and knee then stitched her knee up. As soon as her husband arrived, I headed home because I didn't want to be riding in rain and darkness. She texted me a while ago and it turns out her humerus is fractured. They considered doing surgery and decided she didn't need it. While I was sitting with her in the ER, I examined her helmet. The visor and chin bar were both scratched pretty good. She doesn't know if her head hit the pavement or just that chin and visor section. She was a little upset that her helmet was now damaged but I reminded her that it did it's job, that could have been her chin and the side of her face. We were going slow so it's just hard for me to comprehend the damage suffered...really reinforces the need for good gear although I don't think she will be needing those boots anytime soon...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links