In case your like me and want to learn to wheelie
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: In case your like me and want to learn to wheelie

In case your like me and want to learn to wheelie

Found this video for newbies like me who want to learn to wheelie:

This Chad Lilly youtube video maker has a bunch of TW videos. Is he on this forum?
    JerseyJeeper and littletommy like this.

Montezuma Nick did one the other day....not sure if he admitted it was by pure accident or not....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I have been seeing a brand new TW around here for a few weeks. Meant to stop him and tell him about this asylum.
    Finally got my chance this morning.
    I'm on my way to a customer and I see someone on a bike popping the clutch up ahead in traffic. Looked to me like the guy was having trouble. So I followed him through a neighborhood, where he kept trying to lift the wheel. I stopped and asked him if there was some issue with his bike. He said he was just trying to wheelie.
    I gave him my card, told him about this place, and to be safe.
    Hope he checks in. He is very local to my house.

I never saw the fun of wheelies. Just me, I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There was a guy named Chad, and I think he was from somewhere in Eastern Washington, and he got hurt very badly doing stunts. So bad he had to be flown to Seattle (?) for surgery. He ran up a huge medical bill. I think this may be him. I think his name was IPChad, or something along that line.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    The test for being cool is doing a wheelie while smoking a cigarette and flashing a peace sign. There is nothing cooler no matter what anybody tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    The test for being cool is doing a wheelie while smoking a cigarette and flashing a peace sign. There is nothing cooler no matter what anybody tells you.
    Not bad but doing one while standing on the seat is pretty cool too.

I used to be able to wheelie a 350 honda XL for well over a third of a mile in second gear setting down at about 60 MPH, or run a slalom course with the front wheel in the air.
    It took a lot of practice to learn and a lot of crashes to learn what not to do. I some times practiced shifting gears with the wheel in the air and could do the first three gears on a Kawasaki A7SS . If you are going to do this, I recommend atgat wear. I used to do it a lot without helmet and never hit my head in a wheelie crash, but in retrospect it was foolish and I was lucky.
    Expect damage to your bike even in the unlikely event that you never crash. At very least, expect stretched and broken spokes and chain. premature clutch wear, and strange tire wear.
    If you crash during the learning process, a very nearly 100% event, expect to replace handlebars, brake and clutch controls an anything else on the handlebars. Headlight assembly, rear fender, saddle, foot pegs, gas tank, sidecovers of the engine, etc. Once you have it mastered, it is fun and cool. Until then expect injuries and being laughed at a lot.
    Phelonius

I just don't have the problem most of you guys do...

I have to lay on top of my tank and over the bars to keep my TW from coming up...

Wheelies are a daily thing; I just try to keep them down...

O wait... now I realize why...

It's an...

says tommy as he drops the mic and it howls madly by itself rolling across the stage as tommy leaves quietly shuffling along and moves quickly out of view...

Then everyone hears his TW crank up...

ROAR!!!....GRRRR!!!!!! Vroom Vroom Vroom...

and away rides the fat man...

again... Wheelie... Vrrrrrrooooooooommmmmmmmmm ahhhh Vrrrrroooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    I used to be able to wheelie a 350 honda XL for well over a third of a mile in second gear setting down at about 60 MPH, or run a slalom course with the front wheel in the air.
    It took a lot of practice to learn and a lot of crashes to learn what not to do. I some times practiced shifting gears with the wheel in the air and could do the first three gears on a Kawasaki A7SS . If you are going to do this, I recommend atgat wear. I used to do it a lot without helmet and never hit my head in a wheelie crash, but in retrospect it was foolish and I was lucky.
    Expect damage to your bike even in the unlikely event that you never crash. At very least, expect stretched and broken spokes and chain. premature clutch wear, and strange tire wear.
    If you crash during the learning process, a very nearly 100% event, expect to replace handlebars, brake and clutch controls an anything else on the handlebars. Headlight assembly, rear fender, saddle, foot pegs, gas tank, sidecovers of the engine, etc. Once you have it mastered, it is fun and cool. Until then expect injuries and being laughed at a lot.
    Fun yes; but worth it; no. At least not for me... Get hurt and have to pay for it and pay for parts for your bike too??!! Not me... But I admire the heck out of you bro for doing it!!! I do my little wheelies now and then, but haven't dumped it yet... The Vee Strom on the other hand will stand straight up and salute!!! All Day Long Too!!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am the undisputed KING of wheelchair wheelies... REALLY.. I am.

If I crashed less when I was young I may not be as good as I am. Anyone wants to challenge me can bring it on. I can do it one handed while doing a slalom. LOL

Sad but true.

It's an art like riding a bicycle, once you "get it", you never forget, like riding a bike..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links