Good buy?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Good buy?

Good buy?

I'm 26 years old and new to TW200s. I just joined this forum the other day to try to get some insight on my upcoming purchase of my first TW200 .. It's a 95' model with around 2k miles.. The guy is someone I work with and said he'd sell me the bike for $800 .. Is this a good buy? Any feedback would be helpful, thanks in advance!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Sounds like it is priced right.

Welcome to the forum also!!
    GuzziTWTom49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I would be on that like white on rice! Any running TW in decent condition is well worth the $800.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

He didn't say it was running. However that is one clean 95. It looks to have been stored in gauze and Vaseline. If the engine is not frozen, its good to go IMHO. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    He didn't say it was running. However that is one clean 95. It looks to have been stored in gauze and Vaseline. If the engine is not frozen, its good to go IMHO. Tom
    The first picture has the headlight and signals on so I would take a guess it is running or at least has a good battery.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

welcome westky,

simple answer: yes. that is a '95 rainbow warrior, which appears to be in totally stock form.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...ollection.html

2000 miles is barely broken in, but you'll need to replace a few things if you are looking for a safe, reliable ride.

1. tires. that is the original front, which at 21 yrs is not safe on the road, and not very stable off road. assume to rear is original too. $250+/- for both.
    2. oil. swap the oil before running it. the oem metal screen is fine to use, but if you replace it with a pleated filter make sure it is the CORRECT one. it should have four holes arranged in a circle around the large hole that goes in towards the motor.
    3. chain you may need to swap if it has not been cared for.

ride it and figure out your needs before you start modding it and spending extra money. there's lots that can be done with them, but having fun should be #1.
    Last edited by joeband; 05-23-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

^^^This^^^
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum Westky, you have a mountain of knowledge at this forum. If you end up getting the bike ask every question you can because you will get an honest answer!
    littletommy and GuzziTWTom49 like this.

The paintjob alone adds 5hp and at least 10mph more to your top speed if it runs well snag it, do the initial work joeband outlined and ride it like ya stole it cause you pretty much did!
    2012 TDub - Cycra handguards w/ LED turn signals, WR250 shorty levers, custom high fender, Tusk 30mm bar risers, Krator footpegs, SeatConcepts, Yamaha rack, integrated LED tail light, 5500 LM H4 LED headlamp, DID 428 X-ring, XT225 stainless header, DG-O exhaust, 130 main, 0.04" needle shim, slide drilled 1/16", pilot 2.25 turns out

As we ALL know, the '95 TW is the fastest and best looking of any model. In fact, that one looks better than my '95. New tires and a bit of adjusting and lubrication and yer good to go!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links