EPA Requires More Ethanol Into Less Gasoline ..
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: EPA Requires More Ethanol Into Less Gasoline ..

EPA Requires More Ethanol Into Less Gasoline ..

More Ethanol?

It's time to get back to allowing the free market—not Congress, not unelected bureaucrats, not mandates, not artificially spurred growth—to determine our fuel choices.

“Several environmental groups oppose it as well. So does a wide coalition that includes restaurant owners concerned about upward pressure on food prices and boat manufacturers upset at the problems that ethanol can cause in marine engines.”

"Despite the controversy, the EPA claims the RFS is a “success.” Janet McCabe, acting assistant administrator for EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation, says: it “has driven biofuel production and use in the U.S. to levels higher than any other nation. This administration is committed to keeping the RFS program on track, spurring continued growth in biofuel production and use, and achieving the climate and energy independence benefits that Congress envisioned from this program.”

E10FuelSample_large.jpg

Just so someones making lots of money its all good.
    littletommy, Darth and T-Dub Ken like this.

Bastidges!
    The EPA is good & effective on most things, but they are going way too far in this corn/ethanol/gasoline/bio-fuel fuster cluck. Wait 'til President Trump gets hold of their raggedy asses!
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Join the AMA. They are against more ethanol and are active against it.

American Motorcyclist Association
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post

I've been dumping everything into the NRA and 2nd amendment issues but I'm glad you brought this up... I should have done this long ago!
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    I've been dumping everything into the NRA and 2nd amendment issues but I'm glad you brought this up... I should have done this long ago!
    Done.. Thanks again.
    Xracer and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post

I highly recommend joining AMA as an active member. They work hard to protect our rights to Ride!

Ride Baby Ride!

As far as Ethanol goes I'm against it. It uses up valuable water and takes a food crop and turns it into a "fuel" that destroys engines.

I've asked farmers here in Illinois how much corn does it take to make a gallon of ethanol, they can't tell you but they are all about their subsidies from Uncle Sam.
    The American Farmer makes money in ways that I find to be obscene. But, it is what it is.

Trump will open up development of all kinds of cool things, he's a businessman not a stupid bureaucrat.
    He cuts red tape for a living.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Like with so many things, it comes down to where you live.

I'm in a liberal sump in Western Montana - Flathead Tribal land on both sides; California ex-pats make up the majority of this city, which until fifteen years ago was a small mining and logging town. There's boating and dirt-biking and snowmobiling; and Forest Service personnel with all those toys. And there's liberals who teach, about eight hours a week, (full-time, to them) at the State University. So...toys and liberals who don't like their toys broken; and Tribal land where they sell booze-free gas.

I can get ethanol-free premium just about anywhere. Which was ESPECIALLY valuable with my TW. That really was NOT one of the issues I had with it; and I continue to run my cars and Wee-Strom on booze-free.

And, if this goes the way I expect it to...where, finally, in their last act, they cram it down on us good little liberals...I'll be mighty glad to have my Zero. I'll wait out the storm.

Because my car and truck are Toy Yodas. And Mother Yoda is adamant - DO NOT run more than ten percent ethanol in them! I think they'd forbid gasobooze, except that the fascists at the EPA would come down on them.

But they're not budging on the ten-percent rule. Toyota is one of the companies which does NOT make those stupid "Flex-Fuel" liberal-feelgood cars. Because...ANY WAY you slice it...IT IS NOT GOOD MOTOR FUEL.

I'll be Zeroing, to get my riding jones. And riding the (free, here) bus locally.

Isn't liberal government fun?
    littletommy likes this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    The AMA makes it easy to fight against ethanol. The emails come to me prewritten and ready to review. They are automatically sent to those MFers in govt that should get them.

I hate to use such a stupid term, but here it fits, as this method is both easy and quite peasy.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    The AMA makes it easy to fight against ethanol. The emails come to me prewritten and ready to review. They are automatically sent to those MFers in govt that should get them.

I hate to use such a stupid term, but here it fits, as this method is both easy and quite peasy.
    There is one problem: THESE BASTAGES DO NOT CARE.

They live in that cuckoo-cloud world in Washingtoon; and they are going to MAKE us peons and serfs march as they order! HOW many years, how many times, have these RINO stealth-Democrats promised to redact the ACA-BammyKair? How many times have they reneged on their promises?

And look at what happened to the ONE Senator who took a stand, alone as it turned out, to stop the funding in implementing it. He's been politically DESTROYED.

This adulterating of gasoline will not stop because these Leftists, BOTH parties, don't WANT to stop it and don't see a danger in not responding to the complaints of a few cranks who think this is still America.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links