First Post Introduction and Seat Concept kit question
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: First Post Introduction and Seat Concept kit question

First Post Introduction and Seat Concept kit question

Hi
    Wanted to introduce myself to the forum, I'v been a member here since July 2014 but this is my first post.
    I live on the Michigan Wisconsin border about 60 miles north of Green Bay Wisconsin. Great riding in just about any direction you go.

Yup, it was the forum that helped me get on the right track with my new TW….. bought a new 2013 in the spring of 2014. and spent many many hours reading posts on maintenance, correct oil filter, changed the dreaded chain over to a DID XO ring chain and a whole lot more.

With this first post I need some feedback from forum members with a Seat Concepts seat kit installed. Things like: what fabric did you choose, your riding type — street / off road and how long your rides are.

I will post how the installation and test ride go. PlacerLode (Fred) is my supplier of choice and he thought a post asking for SC owners feedback would be a good idea.

Thanks for your helpful posts that made a big difference owning a TW.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JessieG View Post
    Hi
    Wanted to introduce myself to the forum, I'v been a member here since July 2014 but this is my first post.
    I live on the Michigan Wisconsin border about 60 miles north of Green Bay Wisconsin. Great riding in just about any direction you go.

Yup, it was the forum that helped me get on the right track with my new TW….. bought a new 2013 in the spring of 2014. and spent many many hours reading posts on maintenance, correct oil filter, changed the dreaded chain over to a DID XO ring chain and a whole lot more.

With this first post I need some feedback from forum members with a Seat Concepts seat kit installed. Things like: what fabric did you choose, your riding type — street / off road and how long your rides are.

I will post how the installation and test ride go. PlacerLode (Fred) is my supplier of choice and he thought a post asking for SC owners feedback would be a good idea.

Joe
    Glad you chose to finally come out of the closet. Welcome aboard! I am still rocking the factory seat "because I am cheap" so of no help other than to say hello.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I'll offer a little advice, order in from Amazon or somewhere Monel rust proof staples and 3m spray adhesive for headliners / foam rubber in advance so you have it when the time comes. For staples get 1/4 and 5/16 by 1/2 for t50 guns and buy or borrow an air stapler or heavy duty staple gun that takes those size staples.

Welcome aboard!

Hi

With this first post I need some feedback from forum members with a Seat Concepts seat kit installed. Things like: what fabric did you choose, your riding type – street / off road and how long your rides are.

Joe

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!!

Hi

Joe
    dette and GuzziTWTom49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Fabric choice: Standard (i.e. not the gripper option)
    Riding style: 90% trail riding, 10% street
    Ride duration: ~1 hour in the saddle, then a little break, then rinse,repeat as neccessary until exhausted

EDIT: I am pleased with the fabric choice, I climb around a bit shifting weight off-road so the standard fabric is just grippy enough. Stock seat cover was a little too slippery for my taste, allowed objectionable sliding forward on steep downhills. Seat Concepts allows me to readily move forward for some cornering maneuvers yet I stay planted when relaxed.
    Last edited by Fred; 05-24-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I went with the gripper top. At present most of my riding has been on the street but looking to ride more dirt. Have spent a day riding off-road with the boys at an off-road park and have no complaints with my choice.

hi Jesse and welcome, as for the seat, I have the carbon fiber with the maddog cover on top. I ride about 60% road ( unfortunately) and 30% forest service roads and the other 10% I'm just lost. with the stock seat I was good for about 30 minutes and now I can ride about 3-4 hours. if I had to do the seat over, I would shave some thickness off of the back of the seat so I could sit more level as I have a problem back
    GuzziTWTom49, Darth, dette and 1 others like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

EWB
    embossed top and standard sides. 50/50 dirt and road. Not slippery by any stretch but when needed on dirt I can slide up for better handling. money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by dryden-tdub View Post
    glad you chose to finally come out of the closet. Welcome aboard! I am still rocking the factory seat "because i am cheap" so of no help other than to say hello.

Tom

ditto!!!

I went with the gripper top/carbon sides also from PlacerLode. If I knew back then what I know now after several mods, this would've been one of my first as opposed to one of my most recent. Stock seat gives you 30-45min of ride time before your rear-end tells you it's time to call it a day. As others have mentioned you can essentially stay in the saddle all day with the SeatConcepts.

For installation all I used was Loctite spray adhesive, a Stanley heavy duty stapler and stainless 1/4" T50 staples. Piece of cake! One tip I would recommend is leaving the cover out in the sun for a bit to soften it up before you install it over the foam. I neglected this step and spent awhile wrestling, pinching and squeezing the cover as I stapled. Still a fairly easy job though with the right tools.
    2012 TDub - Cycra handguards w/ LED turn signals, WR250 shorty levers, custom high fender, Tusk 30mm bar risers, Krator footpegs, SeatConcepts, Yamaha rack, integrated LED tail light, 5500 LM H4 LED headlamp, DID 428 X-ring, XT225 stainless header, DG-O exhaust, 130 main, 0.04" needle shim, slide drilled 1/16", pilot 2.25 turns out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links