Thinking about jumping in
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Thinking about jumping in

Thinking about jumping in

Hey I got the hots for one of these bikes I currently have a DRZ 400 it's an Awesome bike but I hardly take it out anymore it's too muck bike for around my property I hardly ever get out of second gear . I need to slow it down anyway getting too old ..I also have a well Farkled Kawasaki KLR 650. I'm goal is to sell the DRZ and pick up a TW 200, Anybody downsized their rides and not regretted it ? I would love to hear your stories of how you ended up with the TW Thanks

Started to age, racing days long over but still needed to ride. These TW's are a love affair, had I only known earlier... I even hop on mine to head down and get the mail! (At the end of the driveway!) You won't regret it.. They are fun and that's what riding is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by donA View Post
    Hey I got the hots for one of these bikes I currently have a DRZ 400 it's an Awesome bike but I hardly take it out anymore it's too muck bike for around my property I hardly ever get out of second gear . I need to slow it down anyway getting too old ..I also have a well Farkled Kawasaki KLR 650. I'm goal is to sell the DRZ and pick up a TW 200, Anybody downsized their rides and not regretted it ? I would love to hear your stories of how you ended up with the TW Thanks

Get the TW but hang on to one of your bigger bikes for the longer rides, preferably the KLR.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!!
    akalogan and GuzziTWTom49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Keep all the bikes!

I let my son take my WR250r and I kept the TW200 and VStrom.
    If the goal is for slow off road exploration, the TW is the great.

I originally got the TW for my daughter to learn to ride, but I found it more fun on the trails then the WR.
    I joined this forum, started modifying it, went to Moab and ....
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by donA View Post
    Where do you live....let's see a pic of the DRZ .... I keep thinking I need one. Don't get me wrong, I love my TW and don't plan on getting rid of it, just keep thinking I might need a DRZ

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    (whisper...) Keep all the bikes.....

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    Where do you live....let's see a pic of the DRZ .... I keep thinking I need one. Don't get me wrong, I love my TW and don't plan on getting rid of it, just keep thinking I might need a DRZ

Welcome DonA.

"Little" bikes are where most folks started, what ignited the passion to ride.
    After the adrenaline years a fella tends to rediscover the roses as so to speak and the smell a LOT sweeter after having been seasoned through life experience.
    Bikes like the TW make it easy to return to your roots.

Where you located ? a fella at work is in the market for a DR350 or DRZ400.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

I got the TW primarily not to rip up my land and do not regret parking the other more rip-snorting machines of my youth. Nice to see and smell the flowers as I explore new sights, or revisit old haunts from the past that took many an hour of jeeping to arrive at way back then.
    donA should not regret jumping into the world of T-Dubbery.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links