Helmet Choices????
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    looking for one. so if you could list what you use, for which purpose, approx. cost, etc.

Just looking to get back on a bike and mine are old the insides are drying out.
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

I bought a Shoei Multitec a couple months ago and really like it. I wear glasses so having a modular helmet makes it easier to put my glasses on and off. It seals and insulates very well even on cold (28 degree) weather. I don't think you can really buy a helmet based just on looks or features, it has to fit really well first and not have any pressure points. I know the HJC helmets are really popular and are pretty affordable too, the Shoei just fit my particular head much better.

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet....titec&h=13&t=1
    '05 TW200--15/50 gearing, Cyclerack, XT350 tank

'81 KZ750--project bike

Didn't want to spend a lot but wanted a decent helment. I got a full-face Seven-Zero-Seven helment from my local Cycle Gear shop. I also got both a smoke and clear visor so I have either for day/night riding. I've been happy with it and paid about $125.00 for it.

Seven-Zero-Seven helmet

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I do almost all street riding, had a flip face HJC Symax for a number of years, as noted it makes glasses wearing much easier. Trashed it in an accident and it held up well:

Now I wear an HJC IS-Max and like it, very similar to the old Symax, with the addition of a flip down sunshield, which is awesome. In the summer I wear a dark visor and a light sunshield, while in the spring and fall a clear visor and dark sunshield, so no more hauling an extra visor around.

Motorcyclegear.com is clearing out the SymaxII's for 129.99:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_helmet.html

I brought up this issue before and got a bunch of great feedback including injury graphics. Currently have an Exo 400 Scorpian full. I will purchase a shielded half helment for a sense of vision for trails and forest roads and short runs on rural roads. Comfort and safety first. When I personally put on the full face I definetly feel confined. Qwerty also mentioned colors as a variable, white a bit cooler and good advice. Cost, well what's your head worth? Ride on and be safe my friend..

My trail helmet is a Vigor Vamoose II. Very light and comfortable. Not DOT approved thought. Saved my noggin already when I raced downhill mtn bikes though.

My commuting/paved road helmet is an Icon Variant Salvo Hi-Viz. Bit'o change for it but I can't be happier with it. Well vented, comfortable, shield doesn't leak air. And besides, it matches my riding jacket! The Hooligan2 is a slightly cheaper option. Never hurts to be seen. I guess you gotta like Hi-Viz Yellow to be seen in these...

Byte

Last edited by rm_hm; 09-05-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Well PJ, it looks like your helmet was a good investment. You didn't loose face.

Phelonius
    Phelonius

Just got my Symax II on closeout from revzilla. Very nice helmet for the $$. Esp. handy flip-up feature that you'll appreciate if you wear glasses!

No ifs about it, been wearing bifocals since I stopped riding my old bike in the nineties
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links