Hello from Northern Michigan
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Hello from Northern Michigan

Hello from Northern Michigan

.................................................. .............................
    Last edited by Kasky; 06-24-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasky View Post
    After RV'ing in the west last winter I decided to get another dirt bike. My last bike a few years ago was a CR250 but at 62 I'm figured I'd get something a little more mild. I bought a 2006 and a 2007 TW figuring one may work for my wife too. Even after trying the TW she's just not going to dirt ride. She would only go about 15 mph on the dirt roads and said it felt sort of loose. We rode a two track with just a little loose sand and she was so freaked out that she slowed way down and dumped it so that's over. We also bought her what she really wanted which is a 2008 Yamaha V Star 650. Now I need to figure out how to pull a 6x12 utility trailer behind my fifth wheel with 3 bikes on it yet also have the proper trailer tongue weight if she rides the Star as we travel. She'll probably never ride in the desert but she wants me to bring her TW too.

I have made a few mods to the TW's and enjoy this great site. Thanks for all the good info.
    Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome aboard! I think the same would happen with my wife... not even going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasky View Post
    After RV'ing in the west last winter I decided to get another dirt bike. My last bike a few years ago was a CR250 but at 62 I'm figured I'd get something a little more mild. I bought a 2006 and a 2007 TW figuring one may work for my wife too. Even after trying the TW she's just not going to dirt ride. She would only go about 15 mph on the dirt roads and said it felt sort of loose. We rode a two track with just a little loose sand and she was so freaked out that she slowed way down and dumped it so that's over. We also bought her what she really wanted which is a 2008 Yamaha V Star 650. Now I need to figure out how to pull a 6x12 utility trailer behind my fifth wheel with 3 bikes on it yet also have the proper trailer tongue weight if she rides the Star as we travel. She'll probably never ride in the desert but she wants me to bring her TW too.

I have made a few mods to the TW's and enjoy this great site. Thanks for all the good info.
    littletommy and TopPredator like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

MI is about the hardest place to ride a dirt bike I have ever lived. It's almost all sand, dusty 90% of the season, there is tons of stuff to hit (deer, bugs the size of birds, other motorcycles etc...) and the season is short. She might like it better in the dessert, at least there is some hard pack. We also have some of the best single track, coolest dunes outside of CA and tons of variety, which I love btw.

.................................................. ..................
    Last edited by Kasky; 06-24-2016 at 04:12 PM.

My stepbrother has a garage in Kalkaska (Lodi). If you ever need a mechanic, Scott is a great one, although he is a bit eccentric, sort of retired, but not. He has a limo/party bus he runs out of there too.
    littletommy likes this.

I'm sitting in Kalkaska as we speak...borrowing WiFi at Burger King. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Maryland
    littletommy likes this.

Yup !!!!!!!!!! I've told other members about the sugar sand here in our state............ It's very tricky to be sure.... We try and stick to hard two tracks... We have had the dubs 10+ years and still don't like sand riding. P.S. Welcome.. OMM.

One more welcome from Michigan. With a name like Kasky, I'm thinking you're a MI native, but if you're not, may I offer some advice? I ride out of the Fife Lake area all the time and have learned a few things about sand riding: lower the tire pressures, balance the bike front/rear, and when in doubt, add throttle! Think of sand as a limited 'traction budget' (same for snow): you can use the budget for turning, accelerating, or stopping, but overspend and you're down (at least it's a LOT softer than those rocks I saw in Fred's last video)! Might as well enjoy it - it's home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links